Welcome to Xdrivers
Please login or register.

Author Topic: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL with more pic's  (Read 55010 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 05, 2010, 10:19:36 PM
Reply #30

Minda

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 848
  • Country: 00
  • Location: Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:36 PM »
Quote from: "535dboy"
Quote from: "Minda"
Whats the safest way for me to pay the dealer?

They wont thay wont accept it in a suitcase,  :rofl: damm the movies.

I had a nightmare with this

Went in to pay on debit card (£55k) and it kept getting refused. Bank blamed the dealer and the dealer blamed the bank. I went home and had a right go at the bank and made them chaps it free of charge which they did. I told the mrs about the problem and she remembers us having the same problem with the 535 (£51k) and being told at the timemthat the dealer had £50k floor limit for debit cards

If I were you i would aim to pay a good few days in advance

Damm was thinking of using a debit card, my banks said there should be no problem with that, dont know about the dealers side. Huummm what to do now??
Current 2010 BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL 2014 BMW 435d Cab 2016 Mercedes Vito 119 Sport LWB


August 06, 2010, 03:26:25 AM
Reply #31

Turks

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 988
  • Country: gb
  • Location: Lancaster / Kazakhstan
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
    • Linked In
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 03:26:25 AM »
Pay half the week before and pay the balance on collection? Should be ok?


Turks.
Present:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue with Black Nappa Leather
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black with Black Nappa Leather

Past:
2005 (05) Honda Civic Type-R - Milano Red
2002 (52) E39 535i - Titan Silver with Black Leather
2001 (Y) E39 530d - Topaz Blue with Black Leather

August 06, 2010, 07:10:11 AM
Reply #32

535dboy

  • Lifer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5491
  • Country: 00
  • Location: East Sussex
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 07:10:11 AM »
Quote from: "Minda"
Quote from: "535dboy"
Quote from: "Minda"
Whats the safest way for me to pay the dealer?

They wont thay wont accept it in a suitcase,  :rofl: damm the movies.

I had a nightmare with this

Went in to pay on debit card (£55k) and it kept getting refused. Bank blamed the dealer and the dealer blamed the bank. I went home and had a right go at the bank and made them chaps it free of charge which they did. I told the mrs about the problem and she remembers us having the same problem with the 535 (£51k) and being told at the timemthat the dealer had £50k floor limit for debit cards

If I were you i would aim to pay a good few days in advance

Damm was thinking of using a debit card, my banks said there should be no problem with that, dont know about the dealers side. Huummm what to do now??
Just do what I said - pay in advance
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

August 06, 2010, 08:00:54 AM
Reply #33

x555

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1763
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 08:00:54 AM »
When i picked up my new 3'er i just paid them with a cheque but that was under 50k mind.Having a floor limit of 50k sounds pretty dull to me when most of there cars are over that :roll:
Just phone the dealer and they can tell you the score surely.I know one thing i wouldn't pay in advance untill my car is ready to collect because once they have your money there's no urgency to get you your car.Deposit yes full payment no chance.
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

August 06, 2010, 08:31:44 AM
Reply #34

Minda

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 848
  • Country: 00
  • Location: Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 08:31:44 AM »
Think i better call the dealer and see what he suggests  :?
Current 2010 BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL 2014 BMW 435d Cab 2016 Mercedes Vito 119 Sport LWB


August 06, 2010, 09:27:56 AM
Reply #35

pvr

  • Global Moderator
  • Lifer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5196
  • Country: 00
  • Location: West Sussex
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 09:27:56 AM »
I spent an hour or so on the phone for the verification process with the debit card as well. Most questions I could not answer ... Regular income - none, regular outgoings - none :)
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

August 06, 2010, 09:31:26 AM
Reply #36

535dboy

  • Lifer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5491
  • Country: 00
  • Location: East Sussex
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 09:31:26 AM »
Quote from: "pvr"
I spent an hour or so on the phone for the verification process with the debit card as well. Most questions I could not answer ... Regular income - none, regular outgoings - none :)

That is the problem when you deal in brown paper bags and cash all the time!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

August 06, 2010, 09:41:47 AM
Reply #37

pvr

  • Global Moderator
  • Lifer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5196
  • Country: 00
  • Location: West Sussex
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 09:41:47 AM »
Indeed :)

Alternatively, you can transfer multiple 10k batches at a time using the online Bank system. That is what I did to pay the tax last week.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

August 06, 2010, 09:51:58 AM
Reply #38

535dboy

  • Lifer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5491
  • Country: 00
  • Location: East Sussex
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 09:51:58 AM »
Quote from: "pvr"
Indeed :)

Alternatively, you can transfer multiple 10k batches at a time using the online Bank system. That is what I did to pay the tax last week.
Blimey you must have been there for ages!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

August 06, 2010, 09:53:40 AM
Reply #39

Minda

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 848
  • Country: 00
  • Location: Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »
Online limit is £25k per day so could do it in three days, but then its also three days for bacs payments to clear.
Current 2010 BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL 2014 BMW 435d Cab 2016 Mercedes Vito 119 Sport LWB


August 06, 2010, 10:08:12 AM
Reply #40

535dboy

  • Lifer
  • *****
  • Posts: 5491
  • Country: 00
  • Location: East Sussex
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 10:08:12 AM »
Quote from: "Minda"
Online limit is £25k per day so could do it in three days, but then its also three days for bacs payments to clear.

Just bacs four days ahead then no worries

Any other way really is a pia

Still think you should have bought a range rover though!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

August 06, 2010, 10:12:16 AM
Reply #41

Chompers

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1287
  • Country: gb
  • Location: Co. Down
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 10:12:16 AM »
Quote from: "x555"
When i picked up my new 3'er i just paid them with a cheque but that was under 50k mind.Having a floor limit of 50k sounds pretty dull to me when most of there cars are over that :roll:
Just phone the dealer and they can tell you the score surely.I know one thing i wouldn't pay in advance untill my car is ready to collect because once they have your money there's no urgency to get you your car.Deposit yes full payment no chance.

In prinicple I would agree, however Minda is collecting his new baby on one of the busiest days of the year and for ease of hand over, paying in advance and confirming all is clear will make picking up his new baby a much more enjoyable experience.

However the best person to speak to is the finance bod at the dealer, not long now Minda  :driving:
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

August 06, 2010, 10:12:44 AM
Reply #42

Minda

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 848
  • Country: 00
  • Location: Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 10:12:44 AM »
:rofl: What is a pia? thought that was an airline
Current 2010 BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL 2014 BMW 435d Cab 2016 Mercedes Vito 119 Sport LWB


August 06, 2010, 10:14:27 AM
Reply #43

Chompers

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1287
  • Country: gb
  • Location: Co. Down
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 10:14:27 AM »
Quote from: "535dboy"
Quote from: "Minda"
Online limit is £25k per day so could do it in three days, but then its also three days for bacs payments to clear.

Just bacs four days ahead then no worries

Any other way really is a pia

Still think you should have bought a range rover though!

 :stir:  :telloff:
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

August 06, 2010, 10:14:58 AM
Reply #44

Minda

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 848
  • Country: 00
  • Location: Bedfordshire
    • View Profile
Re: My new BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »
Quote from: "Chompers"
Quote from: "x555"
When i picked up my new 3'er i just paid them with a cheque but that was under 50k mind.Having a floor limit of 50k sounds pretty dull to me when most of there cars are over that :roll:
Just phone the dealer and they can tell you the score surely.I know one thing i wouldn't pay in advance untill my car is ready to collect because once they have your money there's no urgency to get you your car.Deposit yes full payment no chance.

In prinicple I would agree, however Minda is collecting his new baby on one of the busiest days of the year and for ease of hand over, paying in advance and confirming all is clear will make picking up his new baby a much more enjoyable experience.

However the best person to speak to is the finance bod at the dealer, not long now Minda  :driving:

 :D  :D  Cant wait :driving:  :thumbsup:
Current 2010 BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL 2014 BMW 435d Cab 2016 Mercedes Vito 119 Sport LWB