Welcome to Xdrivers
Please login or register.

Author Topic: Decisions decisions  (Read 660 times)

October 13, 2017, 07:48:13 AM
Reply #15

graemeX5

• View Profile
Re: Decisions decisions
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 07:48:13 AM »
Give the SE a go.  I found it much softer and more suited to Urban family life.
Other thing to consider is the wheels, if you drive on 20inch with Run flats the ride I imagine will be harder. 
Try and SE with 19's or lower and non run flats.  Better yet try in a 40D for the extra punch!!

I agree with Barron's it's worth trying the SE version and possibly looking for a car with even the smaller 18" wheels which were standard on them, rather than the optional 19".

The ride can be hard for some people especially as these cars use runflats as standard and so there is very little give in the tyres, but they are great when you have a puncture. Remember these are heavy cars about 2 tonnes, so they are going feel and respond differently to your current car.

So it may be worth trying an SE that doesn't have Dynamic drive, which is the MSport suspension,  and the combination of the smaller wheels and tyres plus the SE suspension should make the car a softer ride.

That's the thing with BMW there are a lot of options and it's about finding the right one for you.

Graeme
Current: E70 X5 in Blue, Fiat Abarths 595 Convertible & 500 Convertible :drive:

Previous: E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport Convertible, Audi TT Mk1 V6 Roadster, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes