Welcome to Xdrivers
Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bluetooth Query  (Read 501 times)

November 11, 2017, 06:00:25 PM

X3nut

• View Profile
Bluetooth Query
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:00:25 PM »
I have a 2005 X3 but the bluetooth won't connect the phone to the car. It would connect to the system about 5 secs after you answered the phone but half the time it won't connect at all. The phone is a Xperia Z but it doesn't work with my S7 edge either.

I have found that our car has the generation 6 module and have heard that getting the latest gen13 module would solve the problem so I thought I would check with the forum if this is the case. Is there a way of updating the existing module to accommodate new phones or do I have to change it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

November 11, 2017, 07:06:13 PM
Reply #1

X5Sport

• Lifer
  • Über Geek in Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth Query
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »
BMW had serious challenges with Bluetooth back then.  As far as I understand it you cannot update a module to a later version as the firmware is fixed into the on board processor.

Replacing it with the later version is plug and play however finding a good module could be the problem unless you can afford new from BMW.

I don’t think any other manufacturer (or at least their module supplier) managed to get it so wrong so often in just one year!

Alternatively a Parrot type system will do.
:type: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

November 12, 2017, 02:28:29 PM
Reply #2

X3nut

• View Profile
Re: Bluetooth Query
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 02:28:29 PM »
Thanks for that, I've considered the parrot kit but I want to keep it stock if I can. I'll have a look around for a new module.

Cheers