Welcome to Xdrivers
Please login or register.

Author Topic: Halo light upgrade?  (Read 98 times)

January 13, 2018, 11:45:31 AM

ocdste

• View Profile
Halo light upgrade?
« on: January 13, 2018, 11:45:31 AM »
Hello all I was wondering If someone might be able to explain the differences between the various different wattage available on H8 led bulbs?? Is it actually safe to put a 90watt H8 led bulb in to my headlight? Surely that would generate serious heat? Any advice would be great my current standard lights are tired and one has failed just looking to upgrade rather than replace. Thanks guys.

January 13, 2018, 07:52:49 PM
Reply #1

X5Sport

• Lifer
  • Über Geek in Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Halo light upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »
Standard lamp is a 35W.  More than doubling that with a Halogen filament lamp will likely damage both the lamp holder and the wiring.  LEDs produce less heat but they still need cooling.  You are unlikely to overheat anything.  What tends to happen is that the manufacturer states the power of the total number of all the LEDs in the bulb.

What are you actually hoping to achieve?  The issue with most LED lamps is that they don’t correctly align with the light pipes that feed the Angel Eyes.  I gave up looking at simply fitted 35W Halogen MTEC bulbs with a blue filter to bring the colour temperature up.  At under twenty quid a set they are significantly cheaper than the LED alternatives.
:type: