Welcome to Xdrivers
Please login or register.

Author Topic: X5 M50D - To Remap or not to remap that is the question!  (Read 3383 times)

March 09, 2018, 10:04:56 PM
Reply #45

X5Sport

• Lifer
  • Über Geek in Chief
    • View Profile
Re: X5 M50D - To Remap or not to remap that is the question!
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »
Even if not using AdBlue, the petrol version will have a GPF fitted at any time now.  Many manufacturers have already started installations.  They are mandatory for all EU6c/d cars sold this year with production petrol models now having them fitted.  They mean a power reduction as well unfortunately.

AdBlue system faults seem to be common across a number of manufacturers.  I have had errors a number of times - all of which have self cleared - but others have had complete systems replaced under warranty with failures occurring very early in the life of the car.  Sensors, pumps and tanks all seem to suffer problems!

It seems you cannot get away from tighter emissions controls (quite rightly) but the solutions don’t seem all that well designed or manufactured.

How long before petrol engines require some form of exhaust fluid system too?

:type:

March 09, 2018, 11:00:31 PM
Reply #46

RichM50d

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2018, 11:00:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about the issue. The M50d is plenty quick enough for our congested roads round here. If I decide I want more power, it’ll be an X5M next time. I’m keeping an eye on the press regarding diesel, and am prepared to jump ship if things suddenly take a sinister turn.

I'm with you on that Rich, I'll just be happy when the Chrismas tree lights go off on the dash  :xmaswink:
With a map on it Rich she really is a new beast though . What's your location if your NE/Yorkshire feel free to compare Rich .

Ps. If I do get a M I'll give you a good deal on my carbon !

I’m in Surrey, so a bit of a trek! But keep me posted on the carbon!  :))

March 09, 2018, 11:02:53 PM
Reply #47

Dogzyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »
Ooh, story to hear there’s issues. I guess it could always be a coincidence.

March 09, 2018, 11:46:42 PM
Reply #48

Anth_B

• M
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2018, 11:46:42 PM »
I think the M50D actually looks better than the X6M, but my diesel time is finished. The X6M is a street sleeper, no-one really knows what it is as its pretty rare. Hypothetically if I was to have it remapped  O:-) O:-) it would be around 650bhp and 18 mpg. And pretty quick. Hypothetically of course.

Nice to have a car like this Ian, I liked the RS because it was very stealth . I stand by the remap is great compared to stock !
Regards

Anth B

March 09, 2018, 11:55:28 PM
Reply #49

Anth_B

• M
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2018, 11:55:28 PM »
Even if not using AdBlue, the petrol version will have a GPF fitted at any time now.  Many manufacturers have already started installations.  They are mandatory for all EU6c/d cars sold this year with production petrol models now having them fitted.  They mean a power reduction as well unfortunately.

AdBlue system faults seem to be common across a number of manufacturers.  I have had errors a number of times - all of which have self cleared - but others have had complete systems replaced under warranty with failures occurring very early in the life of the car.  Sensors, pumps and tanks all seem to suffer problems!

It seems you cannot get away from tighter emissions controls (quite rightly) but the solutions don’t seem all that well designed or manufactured.

How long before petrol engines require some form of exhaust fluid system too?

Ageeed And very worried . I see there lots of options to have his system shut down completely, also that the emissions readings are slight. So no MOT fails, however big fines it’s VOSA investigate roadside . 

Ooh, story to hear there’s issues. I guess it could always be a coincidence.

Car hasn’t not had one error on the dash with the print out for 2 years then remapped And lights start popping up inside 24 hours , EML after 36 hours, nope I’m Not having that Dogz! It’s the car not reading the DEF Correct or confused on the increases gases and the sensor can’t handle it, either way the map should run all systems perfectly or it’s not doing the job it should be .

Sorry to hear about the issue. The M50d is plenty quick enough for our congested roads round here. If I decide I want more power, it’ll be an X5M next time. I’m keeping an eye on the press regarding diesel, and am prepared to jump ship if things suddenly take a sinister turn.

I'm with you on that Rich, I'll just be happy when the Chrismas tree lights go off on the dash  :xmaswink:
With a map on it Rich she really is a new beast though . What's your location if your NE/Yorkshire feel free to compare Rich .

Ps. If I do get a M I'll give you a good deal on my carbon !

I’m in Surrey, so a bit of a trek! But keep me posted on the carbon!  :))

You’ll need a passport Rich!
Go for the carbon the real deal the other stuff is snide and not great for you high end car, get 20% from dealer and whack it on your CC for a few months !
Regards

Anth B

March 10, 2018, 08:24:09 AM
Reply #50

RichM50d

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2018, 08:24:09 AM »
Yeah, I won’t be buying the cheap carbon. I don’t think I was ever serious about it, if I’m honest!

There are deals out there on the genuine carbon, so I’ll keep looking.

March 12, 2018, 07:54:34 AM
Reply #51

britishlion

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2018, 07:54:34 AM »
Yeah, I won’t be buying the cheap carbon. I don’t think I was ever serious about it, if I’m honest!

Hi Rich

Any update on the remap issue ? I was about to book in with DMS , but holding off until I hear what has happened with yours

best

March 12, 2018, 10:46:48 PM
Reply #52

Anth_B

• M
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2018, 10:46:48 PM »

Hi Rich

Any update on the remap issue ? I was about to book in with DMS , but holding off until I hear what has happened with yours

best

Hello Brit ,

DMS are just talking with the team now, there coming back to me tomorrow. The tech is expected to be out this week to either deal with the spurious Fault . Or turn adblue partly off so I can see it on the dash regards levels but will not record faults etc . So still function OR lastly, turn it off completely .

I’ll have a full update very soon. In the mean time speak to Tony, tell him the situation with the 50D and your waiting the fix just incase. Remember every car is different regards tolrance on sensors etc.

Other news I’ve just had the internal trims upgraded to Carbon today so I’m happy! Will be happier when the EML light is off. Goes in to get ceramic treatments this week and the carbon kit is being protected with wrap.
Regards

Anth B

March 13, 2018, 09:28:37 PM
Reply #53

Anth_B

• M
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2018, 09:28:37 PM »
Going to talk to the guys about having the Guages set to 500Hp .

Regards

Anth B

March 19, 2018, 10:56:25 PM
Reply #54

Dogzyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2018, 10:56:25 PM »
Any news?

March 20, 2018, 10:03:36 PM
Reply #55

Anth_B

• M
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2018, 10:03:36 PM »
Hi Dogz,

Apologies for the delay here. Map has come off temporarily, all I know is without it the pulling power is diminished significantly! Especially midrange driving, sure has taken the fun factor away! Back on shortly DMS have been great couldn’t ask for more Regards attention to my car .

On the warranty work, Adblue hoses replaced and injector. A failed seal on the Adblue side, BMW have been very quiet about it TBH I think they may have changed more than they let on. One thing is for sure the remap hadn’t done it. Unless it was on the edge maybe already the M tech said it was a failed seal but to be sure they where changing out the lot. Go figure, anyway DMS are back out shortly to give me my real car back !!

Once you’ve had the DMS map. Your never going back it’s very simple .

A
Regards

Anth B

April 27, 2018, 10:57:12 PM
Reply #56

Dogzyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2018, 10:57:12 PM »
Hi Dogz,

Apologies for the delay here. Map has come off temporarily, all I know is without it the pulling power is diminished significantly! Especially midrange driving, sure has taken the fun factor away! Back on shortly DMS have been great couldn’t ask for more Regards attention to my car .

On the warranty work, Adblue hoses replaced and injector. A failed seal on the Adblue side, BMW have been very quiet about it TBH I think they may have changed more than they let on. One thing is for sure the remap hadn’t done it. Unless it was on the edge maybe already the M tech said it was a failed seal but to be sure they where changing out the lot. Go figure, anyway DMS are back out shortly to give me my real car back !!

Once you’ve had the DMS map. Your never going back it’s very simple .

A

Hi, where did you get to with this issue?

April 29, 2018, 07:24:44 PM
Reply #57

Anth_B

• M
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2018, 07:24:44 PM »
Hi Dogz,

All resolved, warranty claim on the AB hoses. They also changed out the injector, never seen the fault again remap back on EGR removed etc. Absolutely perfect . You couldn’t give me a stock M50D . 
Regards

Anth B

April 29, 2018, 08:28:05 PM
Reply #58

Dogzyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2018, 08:28:05 PM »
Hi Dogz,

All resolved, warranty claim on the AB hoses. They also changed out the injector, never seen the fault again remap back on EGR removed etc. Absolutely perfect . You couldn’t give me a stock M50D .

Nice. I’m glad you’re sorted. I’ll make that leap in due course.  :)

April 30, 2018, 12:58:23 PM
Reply #59

britishlion

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2018, 12:58:23 PM »
Hi Dogz,

me neither   ---- best thing I have spent money on.

cant believe a 7 seater can be so quick !!!