Welcome to Xdrivers
Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Hi, I'm in the process of updating my '14 F25 LCI. Here's a link to the release notes which may help you with the fixes that are in each update:-

https://legacy.bmw.com/_common/shared/owners/bluetooth/pdf/Readme_UPD07032_ENG.pdf

Use this page:-

https://www.bmw.co.uk/bmw-ownership/mobile/software-updates

(not on a mobile phone!) to check available updates for your car via the last 7 digits of your VIN. I'm hoping the update will fix my iPhone constantly seeming to call itself in the iDrive even though the phone doesn't show anything. Weird..
Buy and sell / Re: BMW X6 alloys and winter tyres 19" fits E53 X5 .
« Last post by sid10 on Yesterday at 10:59:11 PM »
Hi if you have an E70 they wont fit on the rears as they are X6 wheels the centre hub is 72.6 for some reason BMW did 74.1 fronts 72.6 on the rears , the E70 has 74.1 all round unless you get the centres rebored at a machine shop then they will fit .
 £750 tyres cost me that 1500 miles ago .
General X5 Forum (E70) / Re: Pre & Post LCI Comparison
« Last post by Digidick on Yesterday at 10:28:35 PM »
Cheers. I happy swapping the wheels over, done it before but I was curious about the airbag compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General X5 Forum (E70) / Re: Pre & Post LCI Comparison
« Last post by gileso on Yesterday at 10:25:07 PM »
Liking the smaller steering wheel.

If I managed to get one with an airbag already fitted is it still a straight swap?

There's lots of instructions on changing the steering wheel. It's an easy DIY if you have a bit of patience.
You will need to remove the airbag from the new wheel (if attached) to do the swap.

Basically, adjust the wheel to be as close to the driver as possible (and preferably with the wheels pointing straight ahead. Disconnect the battery (v important otherwise you will throw an airbag fault). Remove airbag centre from steering wheel by inserting a screwdriver into the hidden blind holes in the cowl of the steering wheel (they look like small dimples) and gently following the channels until you feel some resistance - this is the locating spring and you have to push it firmly to release it. You have to do it once on each side. Its a bit bizarre but once you see how the inside looks, its obvious how it works.
Disconnect the airbag and the clockspring connectors. Undo main bolt (with a bit of force) and remove the wheel. Replace in the reverse order.

This is the best video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsqdEeFexHc
General X5 Forum (F15) / Re: X5 Buying Advice Wanted!
« Last post by m13lky on Yesterday at 09:47:20 PM »
I would go for the newest you can get at or just over your budget with most or all of your must haves, use the pcp mgfv as your guide for what you will lose in the next 3-4 years, when I had my last one it was a new 15 plate & it’s mgfv was pitched at £26k after 4 years, was around £29k after 3 years, I would only expect to get slightly more than this trading in when you see what they are retailing them at, if it was me I’d go for an m50d as they are normally fully loaded and only a few grand more than a 40d from what I have seen.

Good luck with your search!
General X5 Forum (E53) / LCD screen replacement idea’s......
« Last post by Huxsta on Yesterday at 09:30:20 PM »
Hi guys. Hopefully someone on here has done or knows someone who has changed their lcd screen.
What it is.... I’ve got an E39 530d on a 2003 plate. It has the dvd my 4 widescreen display as per the E53 model X5. I need a new lcd screen as mine is starting to develop large dead area’s across the display. I have looked on eBay etc and found its a sharp 6.5” lcd screen. I can only find them if they come from China or Hong Kong, then shipping and import taxes come into play!
Does anybody know where I can pick one up from in the uk? (New only)!!!! I just don’t want a huge customs charge on top of the buying price as although I love my old car and want to keep it original, I didn’t plan on spending the thick end of nearly £200 in doing so.
 Any suggestions........?
Nice one, that was cheaper than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General X5 Forum (F15) / Re: Is the anyone in the Northwest who can remap a 40d
« Last post by X5Nelz on Yesterday at 08:54:01 PM »
Well had it remaped today by Harper Motorsport, They managed to do it Via ODB port so cost only £228

Very happy with the result loads more grunt:) , they even turned of the start stop thing for me.
General X5 Forum (E70) / Re: High battery discharge
« Last post by X5Sport on Yesterday at 08:44:20 PM »
If you can find the date code number on the battery then use the link below to give you an idea of what year it was made.  I found this for decoding (or at least trying to) Yuasa batteries.....

https://www.scribd.com/doc/68738883/Batteries-Date-Stamp-Codes
General X5 Forum (E70) / Re: High battery discharge
« Last post by marti on Yesterday at 06:59:46 PM »
It could just mean your battery is dying and nothing wrong with the regulator.  It may not be holding a charge.

What are the battery volts (read after 4 hours since last use and with the car asleep or you will get a wrong answer)?

Looks like a newish battery, it’s a 95aH Yuasa atm battery. It does go to sleep. Will have to check voltage with a meter

Looks newish....?, so does mine sat in the boot ::)....I reckon you have a sulphated cell so basically the battery is dying...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10