Welcome to Xdrivers
Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The lounge / Re: Epic Journey
« Last post by Glen on Today at 10:01:21 PM »
I worked there once and saw a rat with overalls on
Problems / Re: injectors might need cleaning?
« Last post by Horizon on Today at 09:21:11 PM »
Did you get to the bottom of your issue? I have what appears to be a  mis-fire at higher power 3500-4000 rpm where the car stops accelerating seems like it's choking but won't give anymore revs.

Reading this post made me wonder if its torque converter. New car to me 2001 X5 4.4i lots of problems, timing chain guide rails, new Vanos bank 1-4. etc etc.. no idea if gearbox oil has ever been changed.

If I go into manual mode in the gearbox can I sorta bypass the torque converter?

Only been able to do 50 or so miles in my machine total, steep learning curve!!
Fuel filter, starving it of fuel at high demand?
Blocked Cat ?, not letting the exhaust gasses out fast enough, so choking the engine, had it on My 8 series with the M62 engine . This will show up as misfire on all the cylinders on the same bank.
« Last post by henrym3 on Today at 08:52:36 PM »
MiketheMo the best advice if your new to E53 X5 motoring is to invest in a code reader, it'll pay for itself in 6 months
« Last post by MiketheMo on Today at 08:30:57 PM »
Did you get to the bottom of your issue? I have what appears to be a  mis-fire at higher power 3500-4000 rpm where the car stops accelerating seems like it's choking but won't give anymore revs.

Reading this post made me wonder if its torque converter. New car to me 2001 X5 4.4i lots of problems, timing chain guide rails, new Vanos bank 1-4. etc etc.. no idea if gearbox oil has ever been changed.

If I go into manual mode in the gearbox can I sorta bypass the torque converter?

Only been able to do 50 or so miles in my machine total, steep learning curve!! 
The lounge / Re: Epic Journey
« Last post by X5Sport on Today at 08:13:36 PM »
I’m surprised they are that advanced.....  :spiteful:
General X5 Forum (E53) / Re: Drivers Speaker Not Working
« Last post by Lyons on Today at 07:54:31 PM »
Thanks, I’d actually been emailing him earlier today already!

Just need to check the connections with a multimeter to ensure it’s definitely the BM54 that is at fault.
The lounge / Epic Journey
« Last post by henrym3 on Today at 07:25:03 PM »
Well, up north, Workington area, should knock out 1k miles. My softie southern mates tell me I should be wary of slipping on the cobbled streets and or stepping in horse shit. Should I be offended :D :blink:
General X5 Forum (E53) / Re: Gps aerial
« Last post by X5Sport on Today at 07:03:59 PM »
If it is the type I think it is then the aerial is on the opposite side to the sticky pad, so sticking it to glass puts the antenna looking inside where it can’t see much as it needs to look at the sky  :)
General X5 Forum (E53) / Re: Drivers Speaker Not Working
« Last post by X5Sport on Today at 07:02:03 PM »
Do a search on here for ‘Baris’ and ‘Cartronics’ on the Forum.  Lots of folks have had it repaired and upgraded too  :)
Problems / Re: BMW X5 E53 2005 4.4 DME Combustion error - rough idling
« Last post by kkx5 on Today at 06:37:48 PM »
Valvetronic? Unplug airflow meter plug and see if still does it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10