Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Yet more on tyres.

General car related chat
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Yet more on tyres.

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Now retired i have almost limitless opportunities to feret around searching for information :)

Having discovered Vredesteins new all season tyre Quatrac Pro, and read some very promising reviews, I made some enquiries as to suitability direct to the makers. After a couple of emails and a chat this very morning, they have as offered sent me a copy "certificate" of type approval. One minor misunderstanding is the reference to an X6 M but i can happily disregard that.

This won't help anyone with extended warranty of course but I think it seals things for me. If the tyres are as good as the reviews suggest I may have wasted a considerable sum on the recently acquired wheels with Continental * runflats but I can be happy i'll have genuine all season tyres underneath me that are likely to combat anything I am going to encounter, in the southern UK anyway. Non runflats a positive bonus too :thumbsup: If we get any decent snow this winter i'll either stay at home or swap to the 9" wheels set up with full on winter rubber, but only if these don't cope, which reports suggest they would.

6659_BMW_X6_(E71)_-_M7X.pdf

StuBeeDoo

Re: Yet more on tyres.

Post by StuBeeDoo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:06 pm

sapphireblack wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:32 pmNow retired i have almost limitless opportunities to feret around searching for information :)
Similar to myself, except that - for the time being - I'm semi-retired. I waste far too much time on the internet when I should be doing more productive things around the house.

I'm impressed that Apollo Vredestein have been co-operative with you. Let us know how you get on with the tyres, when you get them fitted. My wife had Vredestein winter (Snowtrac 3 ??) tyres for her Balloongo and we couldn't fault them.

I'm considering replacing the set of Pirelli winter tyres I have for the X3 with all-season tyres, when the time comes. I'm not convinced that full-on winter tyres are necessary where we live. We have only had a couple of days of proper winter conditions since the bad winter of '11/'12.

The Quatrac Pro isn't available in my size but the Quatrac 5 SUV is, and I'd certainly consider it. The only thing that might nudge me towards Michelin - or possibly Goodyear - would be that the two "premium brands" have better wet grip rating.
Last edited by StuBeeDoo on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

marti

Re: Yet more on tyres.

Post by marti » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Very helpful information thank you, just about to fit a set on my e71....interesting bit about the tyre pressure needing to be increased by 6psi or 0.4bar.....