Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

XDrive being considered for non-X series in the UK

General car related chat
stevox5

XDrive being considered for non-X series in the UK

Post by stevox5 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:54 am

To be fair that is poor service. Not all of the dealers are this poor I have used two that are very good and compared to the experience I had with mercedes are spot on.
Luck of the draw I think , good luck with the Audi if that's the way you go.
Cheers
X5 3.0i Topaz Blue , Paddle shift steering wheel , Pioneer double din sat nav,Alpine speaker upgrade,  Remap, HID's,20inch lemans alloys,lemans arch kit,Depo light kit,carbon fiber interior wrap.
1989 BMW 325i SPORT E30 Fully equiped summer toy.

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: XDrive being considered for non-X series in the UK

Post by CondorX5 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:23 pm

I guess the grass always seems greener on the other side, doesn't it........my experience of Audi over nearly seven years of ownership of my S8 (I do love the car, even if the alternator stopped charging and dumped me on the side of the road for hours the other day!!) is that main dealerships are extremely snooty, very overpriced and miss basic things.....certainly, the ones I have used are - Derby Audi ,Leicester Audi and Coopers of Norwich. Within 200 miles of a full main dealer service in Norwich, the brake pad warning light came on....I would have expected them to have picked up on that and recommended to change the pads. Other than a faulty lambda sensor, though, the S8 has had nothing else mechanically wrong until the alternator / voltage regulator failure a few days ago and three door sensors thinking the doors are open for some reason (frozen or wet?)

In stark contrast to my beloved X5....which certainly needs every bit of its warranty and emergency assistance !!! I've only had the 4.8 since August and its already had over £2K of warranty work :cry: Bluetooth module, parking sensors, oil cooler, replacement of corroded fuel filler pipe and wiper arm ( covered by supplying dealer), replacement of Le Mans rear wheel flare (again, covered by Hexagon)and replacement of faulty key (also supplying dealer). BMW dealerships....well, the coffee and wifi area is nice, Soper in Lincoln were a bit dozy about the loan car so I ended up with the service managers M3 :evil: but parking sensor repair not quite right :headbang: so another main dealer visit sometime. Stratstone Derby seemed really efficient with the latest problem and were pleasant to deal with- the oil cooler job was rapidly done - the Mondial guy told me the dealership would otherwise have had to pay for the Avis Hire Car after 48 hours from recovery and that would have been until after New Year :D so the repair was high on their priority list :o

I think main dealers can all be a bunch of sharks - Leicester Mercedes has to be one of the worst I've ever come across - and I'm not sure if I trust much of what any of them have to say. My Audi though, has been the most reliable car I've ever had, second are the Mercs - an SLK, an A class and a lovely old 450SLC many years ago. The Audi's handling in snow and ice has also been brilliant over the years, despite not being on winter tyres and only having a 5 inch ground clearance, the wheels are 18" though, which helps,245/45R18, rather than the 20s and 22s people changed onto the cars. But I still love the X, in 4.8 guise its a very very special car. :driving: :driving:
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Re: XDrive being considered for non-X series in the UK

Post by 535dboy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:33 pm

I have had at least one Audi now since 2001 (my first was an S3) and BMWs for the past 6 almost and in my experience Audi customer service is far superior
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport