Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

buying approved used

General car related chat
the shreksta

buying approved used

Post by the shreksta » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:53 am

is there a best time of year to buy through the approved used scheme to secure the best deal?

after much thought i will be going for an e70 30d/40d but only through the approved used with warranty. bmw apr is 11.9% which is more than im comfortable with but ive heard that sometimes they offer 0%.
also is there movement on the listed price? ive seen a car @ £21.5k, if i could get a wedge off that then 11.9% wont seem so bad,maybe an extra years warranty thrwon in would sweeten the deal.

the car in question is at rybrook in warwick.

thanks in advance

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: buying approved used

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:23 am

Best times are possibly around new plate change, though many are now leased so less relevant.  End of financial quarter can also be a ‘driver’.  My Dealer was very keen to get my new car on the road to meet their quarter targets.

Dealers often add £2.5k to the sticker price to pay for the AUC warranty so there should be some movement.

I had 0% once and it required 1/3rd deposit with the remainder over 2 years.  Great if you can get it though  :)
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

the shreksta

Re: buying approved used

Post by the shreksta » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:29 am

[quote="X5Sport"]
Best times are possibly around new plate change, though many are now leased so less relevant.  End of financial quarter can also be a ‘driver’.  My Dealer was very keen to get my new car on the road to meet their quarter targets.

Dealers often add £2.5k to the sticker price to pay for the AUC warranty so there should be some movement.

I had 0% once and it required 1/3rd deposit with the remainder over 2 years.  Great if you can get it though  :)
[/quote]

hi, thanks for that.

i will go and view the car and see what happens i think.

looking forward to being back in an x5  :)