Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wheel colour?

General car related chat
StuBeeDoo

Wheel colour?

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:32 pm

The Style 305s my X3 came with have been relegated to the winter set, as they have seen better days and could do with a refurb.  I'm not sure how they'll stand-up to the ravages of the coming winter, only time and quantity of salt on the roads will tell.  Once this winter is over and the summer wheels are back on it will likely be refurb time.

I would like a colour that's just different enough to be noticeable.  I'm not a lover of really dark grey or black wheels - I made a big mistake with my E46, in having a refurb in anthracite. :(  My first thought for the F25 was "Keep it BMW and go Ferric", but I'm not sure that isn't too close to anthracite.  I know that the best plan is to discuss it with the refurb company, but what are the opinions of the forum please?  What about shadow chrome??

BTW the car is an F25 SE in Bluewater.
Last edited by StuBeeDoo on Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)