Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Handover Experience & electric seats on X3

General car related chat
RajaStyle

Handover Experience & electric seats on X3

Post by RajaStyle » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi All

I am new to this forum having had a 3 series previously with the family growing thought I would get an X3, so I collected my new G01 X3 the other day. Hopefully the welcoming people of this forum can help me with a couple of things;

1. On collecting our X3 the sales adviser sat us down at the desk and got all the paperwork & payment out the way first and then took us to our new car. It was parked at the edge of the dealership, he then said this is your new car. It was parked between 2 cars so he got in and pulled it out and parked it against the side of the dealership right next to the exit, which wasn't far as we were already at the edge of the dealership. He then got out gave me the keys and said enjoy your evening. Needless to say we weren't really impressed, I know I had a 3 series previously but it would have been nice to be shown around etc or at least made to feel valued considering I just bought a £40k plus car. My brother in law who works for Lexus said that's what German dealerships are like, people always come in complaining about them. I have to say updates during the build process weren't exactly forthcoming also, couple other bits but don't want to moan. Is this a similar experience that is common or others have also had ?

2. I added the electric front seats option which I thought would adjust the front seats, mirrors and steering wheel to the driver but the steering wheel is adjusted manually. Is this correct ? Is it just the seats and side mirrors that adjust between drivers ?

Thanks in advance.

marti

Re: Handover Experience & electric seats on X3

Post by marti » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:05 am

Welcome along, a lot of dealerships are like you mention....once they have your money!

The electric operated steering column is a separate option.

RajaStyle

Re: Handover Experience & electric seats on X3

Post by RajaStyle » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:02 pm

marti wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:05 am Welcome along, a lot of dealerships are like you mention....once they have your money!

The electric operated steering column is a separate option.
Thanks Marti, didn't realise would of been nice if explained at time of ordering it was seperate .... oh well any ideas how much electric steering was ? Have to admit didn't see it on the option list. Would have made sense to add so everything adjusts to driver settings. Too late now i guess.