Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What’s your thoughts on the X7?

General car related chat
Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

What’s your thoughts on the X7?

Post by Don Coffey » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Yet to see one in the flesh but from the pictures I’ve seen, I’m not a fan of the huge, slabesided front grill. There seems to be a growing trend in these massive front grills such as the new Rolls Royce Cullinan.

Maybe it’ll grow on me in time. What’s your thoughts?

Don

sleepyfolk

Re: What’s your thoughts on the X7?

Post by sleepyfolk » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 am

Looks like someone decided to design some sort of tedious Q7 type vehicle, drive it into a brick wall to square up the front end, stick a right angle of chrome on the side and pinch some lights off a Hyundai, truly a face only a mother could love.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:50 am

Initial reaction was if it was in Black, it was a London Taxi.

I can’t afford one, however a fully specced 30d came in at £94k. Interior looks very very nice and adding all the toys makes it a geek playroom. Definitely a long range cruiser for driving to Cannes for the week, or some alpine ski resort.

I still can’t get how the cost of a TV unit is £900 which will buy you a huge domestic set :o Yes it needs a couple of extra bits to cover aerial diversity, but they are nowhere near that pricey.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Waka

Post by Waka » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Are they out yet?

I thought the new X5 looks very similar (if a bit smaller!) to this and I like that!

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Waka wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:23 pm Are they out yet?

I thought the new X5 looks very similar (if a bit smaller!) to this and I like that!
I’m not sure if they are on the streets yet, but you can spec up a new one on the BMW site.

Don

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 pm

I thought it looked like the Volvo, which isn't a good look to me.

Will stick with the X5

NehalX5

Post by NehalX5 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:19 pm

I personally love it. It's a very strong, very different design and there is no doubt that people won't like it. But, for the first time, BMW have made a car to compete with the full size SUV's that are the XC90, GL, and the Range Rover (the Q7 has managed to shrink over the years). Its design seems to be more similar to the E70 than the latest G05 X5, that rear window doesn't do great in my books for design.

It being a competitor for the aforementioned cars makes it very expensive, but it needs to be in order to compete. This definitely is a good alternative to the Range Rover. Absolutely full of tech as well, 5-zone climate control, armchair seats, it seems like one of the best family SUV's going. On top of that, the extremely imposing design means that now even more people can move out of the way when you flash those laser lights at them on the outside lane of the M6, as they don't want a Bavarian Bus inside them.

Give it 5-7 years and this will replace our X5. Did have eyes on a X5 M50d replacement in the future, but with this on the radar it'll be hard. I will admit, this being the size it is right now, I am not too sure if it will handle as well. If they can pull that off, then very well done, but personally the X5 is a very well sorted car, in terms of handling, they are some of the best handling SUV's going, so it will be hard to sort roll on a car this tall, wide and large. But, they are BMW, they will likely be able to sort it, and it will definitely handle better than any car in its class. Whether it will handle as well as an X5, time will tell.