Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW's catching fire!!

General car related chat
marti

BMW's catching fire!!

Post by marti » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:39 am

BMW is recalling 1.6million cars worldwide and 268,000 in the UK. Twelve models are affected, including the 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series X3, X4, X5 and X6 models fitted with four-cylinder engines between December 2014 and August 2016.

The same models fitted with six- cylinder diesel engines made between July 2012 and June 2015 are also affected, along with some models of the 1 Series, 2 Series, 7 Series and X1 built as early as 2010.

Full Story:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lames.html

IanP

Re: BMW's catching fire!!

Post by IanP » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:40 am

Thanks for the above :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Idly put my reg number into the government website for recall checking and it pinged up that it had an active recall starting yesterday!!!
Doesent say what it is but I reckon it's time to phone BMW.
Also has a couple of injectors failing as usual so they can do them at the same time.
Cheers again.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Nice to see the Press keeping up! DVSA issued this for the EGR fault months ago, and it’s already on the Forum.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

IanP

Post by IanP » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:21 pm

So will my safety recall be for that is something else? No mail yet and not saying on the government web site?

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:01 am

There are at least two current recalls depending on the model. EGR is the biggy which mine was initially recalled for.

It transpired that it was only a bolt of some sort on the alternator pully, the 'other' recall. Still a pita inconvenience despite being loaned a brand new 2 series hybrid touring, which tbh wasn't half bad.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:13 pm

My X6 is now the subject of the wiring recall. The issue is to do with part of the heater loom behind the glovebox. If any of the wiring is discoloured then a PUMA case is submitted and it maybe necessary to replace the part of the loom. The Service Dept only got the notice last Friday and my calling them was the first one they knew needed doing so they have no information on what needs replacing.

The EGR and Alternator bolt issues don’t affect mine (Oct 2010 build/MY11).
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.