Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyre choice

General car related chat
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Tyre choice

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:31 am

I have only very limited experience of RFTs and X6s . With an imminent change of wheels i'm shopping for tyres.

So what is best/favoured? I can get a set (20s) of Dunlop for £744, Continental for £774 and Bridgestone for a step up to £835.

I have Dunlop Sport Maxx non runflats on my 6 coupe and rate them highly, are they good on an X6 tho? I've been leaning towards Continentals but would appreciate owner experiences.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tyre choice

Post by X5Sport » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:02 pm

I had Dunlop’s on mine at new and got 14k miles out of them which didn’t impress me. The Bridgestone have lasted about 5k longer but will need replacing in 1-2k. Other than that they are pretty similar IMHO.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:56 pm

Thanks for your input. I think the Continentals are becoming the prime choice.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:21 pm

It’s what I’m looking at as new rubber later in the year - as long as the sizes don’t disappear! Can’t get 19” winter tyres with a ‘*’ mark for the set I bought over 8 years ago. BMW no longer offer it on the 19” staggered setup, so no longer made. Still having a BMW Warranty in play, I need the correct rubber.

It’ll probably have to change the rear 19” rims for a different width, or buy a second 20” set as ‘*’ winter rubber is still made for those.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.