Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW E21 wanted

General car related chat
sid10

BMW E21 wanted

Post by sid10 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:06 pm

A long shot but after rekindling my youth ! anyone know of one for sale want to do a project with my car mad son ?
regards
Sid10

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: BMW E21 wanted

Post by X5Sport » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:22 pm

A few on line but mostly restored. Go for good money by the looks of things.

Sounds like a proper project though :D Probably no nasty computer used and no degree in Computer Science needed either.

Good luck with the search.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sid10

Post by sid10 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi yes back to the good old days ! Rust, rust and rust, with a bit of rust thrown in.
Back in my teens I had 7 of these wish I had kept one, I had to have a concrete flag in the back as it used to spin every time you even looked at the wheel.
I bought a new VW Polo last week for my son to learn in, F15 4 days before that and still have a hankering for a project must be mad as the last project took 16 years and a new cars worth of spares and work Jensen Healey convertible .
The old timers are a bit more fun to drive and work on .
Sid10

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by henrym3 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Bought the 323i new in 81 was aware of the rust so had lots of anti rust stuff done. Got out of a lhd 528i typical German car of the time, lowered big bbs wheels, brilliant car. Initially was very disappointed, felt like a sponge on the road. A few mods later brilliant. Kept it till I bought a cossie in 86. No rust so money well spent. Seen it about 2 years later and had to make a real effort not to burst into tears. It was in complete shit order.

sid10

Post by sid10 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Mine were always quite old hence why rust played a big part in the cars , my first one was a 320 auto ,I had just passed my test & that was the first car I bought with my own money , resprayed the car white and put blue stripes down the side , loved the car but sadly wrote it off hitting a Tractor . Then followed a brief stint with a car that rusted more than the E21 a 1984 Xr3i it was again several years old and after 10 months of ownership it had to go due to terminal rust , replaced by another BMW E21 320i in Black , also bought a Blue 316 , a Red 316 , never got round to the 323i although I should have bought one , Honda Prelude pop up lights , mk2 pop up lights Ex next , Green 320 E21 , Fiat Uno , Xj12, Xj6 , Ford Prefect , Vw Beetle , Opal Monza gsi , Jensen Healey x 5 , Honda Accord , Rover 25 , BMW X5 , Porsche Boxster still have , F15 40d .
I have probably missed quite a few off the list as I bought and sold cars days later after realizing I had bought a duffer but they would have turned to dust by now ( Fiat 126 , Fiesta mk1 , Ford Capri , 21 seater mini bus etc ) . But I remember the E21 the most for the shear fun factor and that I was in the local scrappy on a weekly basis .
It is good to remember as the way all cars seem to be going is very automated soon they will pass you slippers and a paper instead of a Sunday morning Hoon !

Speedy2019

Post by Speedy2019 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:47 pm

Hi I have a bmw e21 straight 6. 71,000 full service history mainley by supplying dealers coopers of thames . 3 keys all original owners manuels packs service book. Even has the original blaukpunt radio and manuel. Now body is solid floor pans perfect chassis etc. However the sill are finished and the arch on passanger wing this car belong to a judge from london. I Have the orignial bill of sale every service invoice upon till it was put in to a lock up 26 years ago . Im thinking of selling it however I have to be sure it goes to the right home and of course the right money interior is mint not a mark on it never smoked in. The exterior will need a full respray and the both sills and a tiny bit in the boot. The car is solid and original sills are minor so the car will need minor restoration open to offers can send pics via whats app.

Speedy2019

Post by Speedy2019 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:54 pm

Hi I have a bmw e21 straight 6. 71,000 full service history mainley by supplying dealers coopers of thames . 3 keys all original owners manuels packs service book. Even has the original blaukpunt radio and manuel. Now body is solid floor pans perfect chassis etc. However the sill are finished and the arch on passanger wing this car belong to a judge from london. I Have the orignial bill of sale every service invoice upon till it was put in to a lock up 26 years ago . Im thinking of selling it however I have to be sure it goes to the right home and of course the right money interior is mint not a mark on it never smoked in. The exterior will need a full respray and the both sills and a tiny bit in the boot. The car is solid and original sills are minor so the car will need minor restoration open to offers can send pics via whats app.

sid10

Post by sid10 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi sorry just got back from a 4 day break in London !
If you can post some pictures that would be great ?
regards
sid10