Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Transferring satnav data (ie "Destinations") from old to new car?

General car related chat
X3 Alba

Transferring satnav data (ie "Destinations") from old to new car?

Post by X3 Alba » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi. Currently in the process of moving from a 2012/F25 X3 with Professional Nav to a 2019/G01 X3 also with the latest version of profesional nav.

Is there any way to save/download the satnav "Destinations" (address book entries) from my current drive (eg to USB) and then upload to the new car?

Thanks

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Transferring satnav data (ie "Destinations") from old to new car?

Post by X5Sport » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:01 am

I’ve never seen it in car, but I thought that it was possible to have destinations saved in the ConnectedDrive service from BMW? It may depend upon spec of course :?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

X3 Alba

Post by X3 Alba » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:53 pm

X5Sport - thanks. But I am not sure exactly what BMW Connected Drive actually consists of and indeed whether it existed on a 2012 model?
Was hoping that as can upload map software via USB there might be a way to download destinations to USB.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:40 am

BMW ConnectedDrive is a chargeable Service that allows internet and other comms to be sent and received in suitably equipped BMWs. When I still had it in the X6 I could send satnav addresses and routes to the car and a record was held within the BMW ConnectedDrive data on my account. It’s been around for quite a while, but you need to be paying for it. New cars come with the first 3 years free, after which it’s about £120 from memory. I stopped it as I didn’t think it was worth it for the amount that I use the car.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.