Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Online Route Planner

General car related chat
Stinky

BMW Online Route Planner

Post by Stinky » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:18 pm

Hi All

I used to use BMW Online Route Planner....with nothing to do over the last few days I said I'd plan a few trips and save them for later use. When I attempted to log on to the online BMW Route Planning utility there's nothing there anymore??? Even the links found when I search don't work anymore??? I know there's plenty of options like Google maps but I don't know how to save or export a route to comply with the format which BMW Sat Nav uses. Any advice welcome...Links...Map file formats...conversion apps etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Stinky

Re: BMW Online Route Planner

Post by Stinky » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:53 pm

OK....Having looked around for most of the day I came across the online Tyre to Travel App. It works on a Standard Map by default if using FREE version...plenty good.
Interestingly you can save tar.gz files and better still another feature packages your new route for export to USB for BMW Car as did the BMW Planner when it was available.
The USB is automatically recognised and imports the route (s) into the BMW Sat Nav. (I must emphasise this is not an ad.) If moderators think it is do not hesitate to delete.