Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ANOTHER EGR recall!

General car related chat
StuBeeDoo

ANOTHER EGR recall!

Post by StuBeeDoo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm

I've had a call, today, from the dealership who carried-out the EGR recall on my F25 last year. The opening gambit was "Good morning StuBeeDoo, this is Cooper Sunderland. There is an outstanding recall on your X3." I asked what the recall is for and the reply was "The EGR cooler".
"That one was done last May" was my reply. "No, this is a different recall", I was told.

The conversation continued with me asking how long they need the car. "A full day", came the reply.
"Do you have the parts in stock? I don't want the car being impounded".
"Yes, we have the parts here waiting. You won't be without your car more than the day".

So, it's booked-in for next Wednesday, 08hr00.

I wasn't aware there's a second recall out. I haven't read anywhere, either here or anywhere else on the 'net, neither have I had the usual standard letter from BMWUK. :(
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

StuBeeDoo

Re: ANOTHER EGR recall!

Post by StuBeeDoo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:58 pm

I dropped the car off at 08hr00 this morning.

Just after 11hr00, I get a 'phone call.......... "Mr.Stu, they're working on the car now, but it needs 4 new tyres".

Does it hell! :( Firstly, I measured them myself less than 2 weeks ago. They are all a long way from being illegal, just shy of 5mm and all worn evenly. The car does no more than 200 miles a week.

Secondly, they are winter tyres. They will be coming off in a few weeks, anyway. You're a BMW dealership, you should know this.

Oh, wait! It's the end of the month, isn't it? :roll:
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

StuBeeDoo

Re: ANOTHER EGR recall!

Post by StuBeeDoo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Is it any wonder people don't hold much faith in dealerships??

The problem with the tyres?.......... According to the "technician" the tyres aren't BMW approved. In fact, they are star marked. However, the service advisor takes the "technician"'s word for it, and in spite of the tyres having a minimum of 4.5mm on I "need 4 new tyres" because they "aren't the correct tyres".

If the "technician" can't see the * marking on all 4 tyres, I fear for the quality of work that has been carried-out. :(