Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X3 30e ordering

General car related chat
Jonner

X3 30e ordering

Post by Jonner » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:58 pm

I ordered an X3 30e back in early June and was given a provisional estimate of March 2021 - was expecting it to be brought forward but doesn't seem to be budging. Anyone have any experience of ordering this car (in the UK) recently (post Covid) - or really any other BMW?

Thanks,

J

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: X3 30e ordering

Post by X5Sport » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:18 pm

Given that it’s made in the US it’s not a surprise to see it that far out. Their factories are worse hit than ours ever were.

My E53 took 10 months as RHD cars were made in small batches. The battery manufacturer will likely be similarly affected.

Neighbours of ours are still waiting for a Ford they expected 2 months ago.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Jonner

Re: X3 30e ordering

Post by Jonner » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:57 am

X5Sport wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:18 pm Given that it’s made in the US it’s not a surprise to see it that far out. Their factories are worse hit than ours ever were.

My E53 took 10 months as RHD cars were made in small batches. The battery manufacturer will likely be similarly affected.

Neighbours of ours are still waiting for a Ford they expected 2 months ago.
Thanks for the reply - didn't realise it was US made. I can't seem to find any reports of anyone actually taking delivery of one of these (no user reviews etc) in the UK so presumably very few have actually arrived here at all.

Guess I'll have to look at getting a short term lease to cover.