Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Battery jump packs.

General car related chat
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Battery jump packs.

Post by sapphireblack » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:06 am

Thinking i might procure one of these, primarily for vehicle use but many have various ports for mobile phone connections etc, these could be useful separately.

As usual its a minefield of options and makes, this was recommended elsewhere https://m.audew.com/Audew-1000A-Peak-10 ... product_20

If my wife was to use something of this type for phone or tablet charging, i have no doubts she would prefer a more stylish device, some makes offer what looks like a mobile phone albeit with less peripheral functions.

Any recommendations would be most welcome :thumbsup:

Bmwxfan

Re: Battery jump packs.

Post by Bmwxfan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:04 pm

A few weeks ago, I watched a 6 litre lorry being jump started with a Noco power pack and I was amazed at the size of it and the power it had, smaller than a bag of sugar !! Talking to the mechanic, he said they’re a fabulous piece of kit and available in various sizes, he swears by them.

Sandy5454

Post by Sandy5454 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:32 am

I bought one two years ago for my son for his LR Defender and old 3 litre truck, he has used it a lot to help out fellow workers on remote sites around the UK. Saved a fortune on call out charges. It is still going strong.
Get one with a minimum of 600 amps rating. Good for more than 3 litre engines.

In these strange days I just bought one for myself to cover two cars which dont get used very much anymore.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:48 am

Sandy5454 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:32 am I bought one two years ago for my son for his LR Defender and old 3 litre truck, he has used it a lot to help out fellow workers on remote sites around the UK. Saved a fortune on call out charges. It is still going strong.
Get one with a minimum of 600 amps rating. Good for more than 3 litre engines.

In these strange days I just bought one for myself to cover two cars which dont get used very much anymore.

Yes i understand they are good, but what brand is best from a users perspective?

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:19 pm

I have just bought a AUDEW 2000 AMP,20,000 mAh CAR Jumper for £69-10. free shipping on a ''BLACK FRIDAY'' Deal from AUDEW.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:59 am

Audew it is then it seems ☺