Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mats

General car related chat
rehan

Mats

Post by rehan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:33 am

Hi All,

Since owning my E70 7 seater for a couple of years, it came with a set of mats that aren't original, and the driver one is well, one other from a back row of seats so isn't ideal. Anyway I thought to treat myself with some "premium" custom made mats from Ebay. They were the most premium ones that I could find. At £79 they were a considered purchase, so I thought about it for a while and decided that they would look the part.

When they arrived, they were the advertised thickness, but the carpet material just looked like some cheap and nasty offcut from carpetright, and had no place in a car. They are going back.

I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a source of mats that don't break the bank and look decent.

Cheers!

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Mats

Post by sapphireblack » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:40 am

Have a look here, https://www.ukcarmats.co.uk/collections ... t-liners-1

I can vouch for their rubber mats, we have them in several vehicles. They claim theyre OEM makers of rubber and carpet mats too

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:17 pm

I bought a set from them for the X6 ten years ago and they’re still in use today. Driver’s side is looking a little worn (as would be expected) but the others are near pristine.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

rehan

Post by rehan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:00 pm

Thanks for your quick replies!

I've found another place https://www.carmats-uk.com/ - asked them to send some samples so hopefully will see if they're any good also.

Regards,
Rehan.