Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CODING

General car related chat
Mike88

CODING

Post by Mike88 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:17 pm

Has anyone had their vehicle coded to enable the mirrors to fold from the key fob? If so how much did it cost? I know you can buy code readers but I am the type of person who would mess it up. I have a 2019 BMW X2M.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: CODING

Post by X5Sport » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:44 pm

Dealers will charge about 30mins to 1 hour labour (plus VAT) as it’s quick to do - or was on my E53. It’s just a toggle on/off code function change so hard to mess up (honest).

You can also do it with a number of tools such as Carly or Bimmercode. Those will cost you as much as the Dealer charges but you get to keep the tool and do other things with it as well.

Before you go ahead, check you have the option (S313A - Fold in outside mirror - is the option on my F46) installed in the car that can be coded as not all cars are capable of being so coded. If you have the power fold button on the Driver’s side switchgear for windows etc then I believe it can be done. If not then it can’t.

An X2M ought to have it as standard, but we’re talking BMW here after all :x
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.