Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Possible group buy - DI Vessel

General car related chat
Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Possible group buy - DI Vessel

Post by Raj » Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 am

Well I thought I'd throw is out there to get an idea of possible interested numbers.

Clicky for pics and details on what it is but basically it's a big filter to give you a waterspot free motor without the need of drying.

Currently Doug at DAQUA has offered the 11litre DI vessel filled with the resin for £104 delivered (about a £5 saving) based on 5 orders.

What I'd like to see if there is more interest (and I can get a decent idea of genuine interested numbers) then if there is anymore movement on the price from them.

So register your interest and let's see. Worst case scenario is you save a fiver but every penny helps I think.

1. Raj

weirdfish

Re: Possible group buy - DI Vessel

Post by weirdfish » Tue May 22, 2012 12:32 pm

[quote=""Raj""]Well I thought I'd throw is out there to get an idea of possible interested numbers.

Clicky for pics and details on what it is but basically it's a big filter to give you a waterspot free motor without the need of drying.

Currently Doug at DAQUA has offered the 11litre DI vessel filled with the resin for £104 delivered (about a £5 saving) based on 5 orders.

What I'd like to see if there is more interest (and I can get a decent idea of genuine interested numbers) then if there is anymore movement on the price from them.

So register your interest and let's see. Worst case scenario is you save a fiver but every penny helps I think.

1. Raj
2. Weirdfish
[/quote]

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by shadrack » Tue May 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Could be interested if I read up on them when I get home would love to know how they work where they go etc, am sick of drying the bloody x5
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue May 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Am interested - funds permitting! Just had a couple of unexpected bills :headbang:

@shadrack, they can go in the hosepipe between the tap and your car wash nozzle. Not to be used on 'softened' water though. Looks like a really good idea for anyone in a hard water area.. :thumbsup:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

phiggystardust

Post by phiggystardust » Tue May 22, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm interested !!!!
2002 3.0d black sport auto, now with added mods!!!re-map,chrome clock rings, folding mirrors,wind deflectors,angel eye led hid's,19"sport wheels,reverse cam,ps2 media+hdd,dvd headrests,alpine v12 amp+sub,+alarm chirp !!!!

davyk31

Post by davyk31 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Just to give a user perspective on these - they are excellent. Just wash the car as normal and rinse, then sheet the water off using the filtered water. Even in strong sunlight if your resin is up to scratch you won't get staining. It isn't a 100% solution as occasionally you can get a little marking but it is really very minor. You will need to replace your resin depending on how often you use the filter and replacment resin can be £60 approx. My resin lasts about a year and thats me using the filter pretty extensively washing two large cars per week.

My summary is that I wouldn't ever be without it. I have always bought my filter and replacement resin from DAQUA and found them good to deal with, no big bargains for sure but decent friendly service any time I have asked questions to Doug.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Tue May 22, 2012 9:32 pm

On the refills - what are the sediment filters about?
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed May 23, 2012 11:06 am

1. Raj
2. Weirdfish
3. shadrack
4. X5Sport
5. phiggystardust

Keep em coming.

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 am

[quote=""davyk31""]Just to give a user perspective on these - they are excellent. Just wash the car as normal and rinse, then sheet the water off using the filtered water. Even in strong sunlight if your resin is up to scratch you won't get staining. It isn't a 100% solution as occasionally you can get a little marking but it is really very minor. You will need to replace your resin depending on how often you use the filter and replacment resin can be £60 approx. My resin lasts about a year and thats me using the filter pretty extensively washing two large cars per week.

My summary is that I wouldn't ever be without it. I have always bought my filter and replacement resin from DAQUA and found them good to deal with, no big bargains for sure but decent friendly service any time I have asked questions to Doug.[/quote]

Cheers for the reply. Always good to hear feedback on the product and company.

davyk31

Post by davyk31 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Don't know anything about sediment filters ?? I just buy a big bag of the new stuff and fill it into the vessel. Can be a bit messy and slow but as soon as you fill the vessel with water it comes out again reading 0 PPM and no water marks on the car.

Would have thought DAQUA could do a better price to be honest than matching their Ebay rate, selling to this group buy means they don't have any Ebay fees and depending on how payment is made they also may not have paypal fees. All of that saves a few quid. There are plenty of other sellers of vessels, I would get a few competitive quotes.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Wed May 23, 2012 3:08 pm

I was looking at that link, and with the refils, for about a fiver or so more, you get this filter. No idea what for ...
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm

[quote=""davyk31""]Don't know anything about sediment filters ?? I just buy a big bag of the new stuff and fill it into the vessel. Can be a bit messy and slow but as soon as you fill the vessel with water it comes out again reading 0 PPM and no water marks on the car.

Would have thought DAQUA could do a better price to be honest than matching their Ebay rate, selling to this group buy means they don't have any Ebay fees and depending on how payment is made they also may not have paypal fees. All of that saves a few quid. There are plenty of other sellers of vessels, I would get a few competitive quotes.[/quote]

Tbh once I get some firm numbers I will go back to Doug as I thought the same re the eBay listing price.

I will also try some of the other sellers otherwise.

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Wed May 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Raj,
You're going to have to put a date on it, otherwise will we never sort it out, and I am fed up with these bloody white spots all over the car, especially this weather, I can't get round it quick enough with the leather before it dries. :headbang:

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed May 23, 2012 11:11 pm

[quote=""weirdfish""]Raj,
You're going to have to put a date on it, otherwise will we never sort it out, and I am fed up with these bloody white spots all over the car, especially this weather, I can't get round it quick enough with the leather before it dries. :headbang:[/quote]

Lol.

Let's say next Thursday (31st May) to gauge interest and numbers and then I'll confirm prices. Will find out possible suppliers by then also.

davyk31

Post by davyk31 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Used mine today, 25 degrees and very strong sun. Rinsed off with filtered water and not a mark on the car. Worth every penny !!