Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ultraseal in non-RF tyres

General car related chat
X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ultraseal in non-RF tyres

Post by X5Sport » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Has anyone used Ultraseal - or Puncture Safe as I think it is now known - in any of their car tyres?

I know I used to have it in the motorbike a few years back and that it has saved many lives over the years, but I've never come across anyone using it in the car tyres - even though it is safe to use. If I remember correctly it will seal up a 6mm hole and is safe up to silly speeds, extends the life of the tyres and is a lot better than re-inflation foam.

I've come across it for caravans too.

No doubt the tyre installers hate it, but if it's only going into the Winter Set then they'll last a while anyway - or should do. With no spare in the newer 'Xs' and not particularly wanting to carry one, I was musing about using it. Perhaps I'll need to be the Guinea-Pig, assuming that I can't get ROF winter tyres that is.

Just wondered if anyone has tried it out?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

petert

Re: Ultraseal in non-RF tyres

Post by petert » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:43 am

I believe Pete (forum member) has used something along these lines - may be worth sending a PM.

Pter T
2010 E70 35D vermilion red, beige leather, Sport, Technology and Executive packages plus running boards.

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 am

I have had it in my wheels for 4years,(Ihave NO spare wheel due to lpg tank in boot) have done well in excess of legal limit with no problems.
Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:50 am

Well, if I can't get the RF tyres then I think I will be using it.

Thanks.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.