Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Found a car..

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Jamee

Found a car..

Post by Jamee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:53 am

Hi guys,

finally found a car, picking it up tomorrow, guy seems a really nice guy and sounds like he takes care of his cars, it looks in fab condition and only 85k!.
Tyres are davanti dx 640 runflats, but i cant seem to find if they are star rated, anyone know?

Anyway, heres the listing. What you think?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... rsion=true

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Found a car..

Post by Leslie » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:12 am

Midrange tyre and not star rated afaik ,if they were there would be a star symbol on the sidewall. Tread depth being close to equal over the 4 is far more ctitical .

Nice spec with some good options and those look like they might be comfort seats .

Jamee

Post by Jamee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:26 am

Yeah thought they weren't star marked, might have to change them soon then for ease of mind, just don't fancy forking out 1000 straight away.

Yeah it does have good spec, pan roof, heads up display, rear heated seats, rear window blinds, Factory fitted removable tow bar, Courtesy lighting in external door handles, Folding mirrors, Premium sound system with multi-play (is multi play 6cd changer then?)

Why do you think they are comfort seats?..be lush if they are.

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Yep they are comfort seats. If it’s not showing any issues with not having star marked tyres then keep using them.

Jamee

Post by Jamee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Yeah, will do, im sure they are ok as the guy would have changed them if bad.

How do you know if they are digidick?

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:28 pm

I have them and they look the same. Headrest pads and that extra angle on the backrest gives them away for me.

The headrest pads fold out a little to kinda wrap around ya head and that extra angle on the backrest allows it to tilt at that point giving even more adjustment/comfort.

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:30 pm

and the thigh pad looks like comfort Seat thigh pads

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Seems like a nice car with spec.
Deffo comfort seats and great spec. Price is good.
However before parting with cash I would get a code read on it as dashboard no faults is no help.
It takes 2 mins and seller wouldn’t mind if it’s a genuine sale. At least you have peace of mind or negotiation if problems come up.

Jamee

Post by Jamee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Im not paying that price mind either 8) and if they are comfort seats, im more than happy even more, as they were on my list of wants but are rare.

I havent got a reader no more, i can try and use my mates cheapo one he got for his 330, but could never get the torque app to work on my phone.

Just need to sort out my private plate once its in my name and also warranty direct policy, they have quoted me £356 for the yr for there basic package, with 20% contribution from me.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Be careful with warranty direct.
Make sure you get cover plus.
Not std cover .
They will wriggle out of anything.
Although they covered my car they asked so many little things to avoid cost.
Your not covered for wear tear for 90 days.
You need ISTA or carly cheapo readers don’t do anything?
Last edited by AdamsX5 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamee

Post by Jamee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Ah right, will do, do they try and dodge out of claims for the basic package?

Cheers

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Basic packages cover nothing not fuel injectors or ignition or anything that would go wrong.
The safety package I’ve not got as suspension issues I would hope to cover myself and it’s very pricey for X5.
They will wriggle out of any package if they can prove you were at fault .. or service or oil spec.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 pm

I would change tyres soon as star rated is the way to go if you have staggered. The reasons are on this website.

Jamee

Post by Jamee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:14 pm

I will look into the plus package then, it nearly doubles the cost but sounds like its worth it, cant be dealing with rejections if anything goes wrong. I will price up some tyres to once i have picked up the car and seen what tyres are on all around, hopefully decent ones on the back.

Havent got a carly or ista, so will have to wait till i get back from buying it to check it all at my mates garage, and just hope it doesnt have any real issues that are not showing up.
This is the 1st time i have ever bought private, and even tho the guy seems nice and car seems ok, its still a major worry as at least with a garage, you usually get some warranty, and can argue for things to be sorted before purchase.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Depending on when your buying it you can get Carly from amazon for next day for around £40. The app allows one free diagnostics read. I would keep the Carly but you have 28 days to return with amazon.
The only problem with warranties is they don’t cover existing faults and these are logged into ecu with date and time they appear.