Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Found a car..

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Jamee

Re: Found a car..

Post by Jamee » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Cheers, but i'm driving 3.5hrs tomorrow to go get it, it'll just have to wait and hope its ok, he seems decent enough guy so hopefully wouldnt hide something serious, as depending on how serious it could be, i might still buy the car at a reduced cost and get it fixed before it got too serious.
But this is the joys of private buying isnt it, alot of faith and wishing your not buying a duff car.

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:47 pm

I always buy private and always do ok with my purchases, you get a feeling for people which I never can with a salesman.

Jayx5

Post by Jayx5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:16 pm

that looks really nice and great spec.

NehalX5

Post by NehalX5 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Very very good spec, makes me jealous :P

With regards to Warrantyindirect, they didn't really pay out for anything for us. Had both air springs go, that was wear and tear according to them. Parking switch failure, replaced out of pocket. The mirror literally fell off the door mirror after driving a few yards from home - £90 please.

Have been without for a year now, no issue currently (touch wood). Car seems fine, running strong at 120k miles. Still serviced at BMW too, they are surprisingly good near me(Williams), if not a bit expensive.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:05 pm

With regards to Warrantyindirect, they didn't really pay out for anything for us. Had both air springs go, that was wear and tear according to them.

I thought they didn’t pay in the first 90 days then your covered. Bmw never did wear and tear but they cover wear and tear from day one now which is a great change but still expensive at 2k/ yr for any X5 over 60k miles.

Jamee

Post by Jamee » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Picked the car up, car is in fab condition apart from the rear flared arches stone chipped to hell, but expected that tbh, just not as bad as it was, guy didn't know you could get clear protector stickers. And it needs a good proper polish as swirls and stuff everywhere.
Car did have comfort seats, so happy days, drives lovely, pulls like a train and everything works and no rattles or anything.

Quick question, connected my phone via Bluetooth, but can't work out how to play my music, has it got to connected via usb?

Did 200 miles back and only used qtr of tank, so that's a pleasant surprise, doing average of 39 mpg too. Didn't realise it had daylight running lights as couldn't work why the angel eyes were on when lights were off at 1st till I realised. Lol

Thanks guys, I'll look into the warranty as I need one for peace of mind, still can't believe they don't cover you for 1st 90 days, so all in you only have 9 months cover for 1st yr.

marti

Post by marti » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:53 am

All sounds good, cosmetics think all cars have some bad bits.....not sure about the music side of things, DRL's came in to being law 2009.

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:43 am

Sounds great and we’ll worth the trip. Not sure if you can stream music via Bluetooth on that age car as you have the older idrive so it’ll probably need to be via USB or Aux cable. Just check though as on my newer idrive I had to select music and calls in the phone options after connecting it to the car.

Jamee

Post by Jamee » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:03 am

Yeah, thought that was the case, slightly gutted, can I upgrade mine to the new system if I buy the newer I'd give joystick and disk etc?? Or do I need to buy the complete unit, screen an all?

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:24 am

I’m going to sort my rear wheel arches too soon.
Where do you get the protective stickers?

Jayx5

Post by Jayx5 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:40 am

I've got the updated Idrive in my 2010 pre facelift and you can't stream music on it, I use an aux lead plugged in the arm rest cubby.
I bought a flat lead so it's easier to close the flaps with the lead hanging out.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:32 am

I got my rear arches painted only 3 weeks ago approx and I've a couple of stone chips already ! They are all the same though but I haven't seen any clear plastic protectors for the e70 so far .
I'd be interested in a brim to brim mpg check as no way are you getting 39 mpg I suspect it's remapped giving a false reading ...

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Did they remove them and paint?
What was the cost if you don’t mind me asking ?
I’m planning doing it as mine as quite bad.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:25 pm

I’m only getting 22.2mpg local and up 29mpg motorway
In the 4.0d

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Every m sport I spot now the arches are sanded bare lol . 6 plastic rivets each arch to remove just give then a little drill in the centre and they will lever out .Its best to remove them or you could get overspray everywhere.
Mine were 70 for the pair (local painter so yours will be a good bit more I suspect ,he painted the bottom half then laquered over the lot ) but I did the removal and refitting,you will need a plastic rivet tool to fit the original type clips ( I bought a sealey one of ebay for 25 quid ,came with some rivets but they were a tight fit and don't buy the cheap eBay rivets like I did first as they will just snap,get the genuine ones,sealey ones or some push in type centre pin ones wouldn't need a tool to fit. The tool I bought is a sealey rt001.
I'm averaging 25 to 27 mpg with a mix of town and longer 20 mile runs in my sd ,30 mpg is but a dream but I did get 34 mpg on a continuos 100 mile very careful run home when I bought it lol