Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Few Questions For New Owner

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
jon

Few Questions For New Owner

Post by jon » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi guys,picked up my E70 yesterday but have a few questions I need answering.

Can the folding mirrors be folded when locking the car off the key ?

What's the lastest nav DVD, is it 2011 and is it worth the money ?

I have elec memory seats, do the headrests tilt so you can actually rest your head on them ?

I dont have the USB option in the car, whats the best ipod integration to buy so the tracks are displayed on the screen ?

Are there any idrive updates available to update the system ?

Finally has anyone remapped their car, does it give much benefits mpg wise, mine is a 3.0d.

Cheers
Jon

petert

Re: Few Questions For New Owner

Post by petert » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:36 am

Jon - we need a bit more info about the car to help. (For example, early E70s used DVDs in the Nav system I think, but later ones have a hard disk based system, so we definitely need the build date.

Peter T
2010 E70 35D vermilion red, beige leather, Sport, Technology and Executive packages plus running boards.

bayrak

Post by bayrak » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:52 am

Hi Jon,

Mine has folding mirrors, but I don't see an option within the settings (iDrive) to have them fold when locking the car. Perhaps this may be done by a dealer when having the car connected to their pc/system.
The satnav I have is hard disk.
Comfort seats have headrest adjustment, not sure about sport seats.
Not sure about the iPod connection, but have you looked at BMW's connector cable (try ebay).
iDrive update, may be possible via dealer.
Remap search this site as a few guys have had this done, depends on year/model, I think.

Good luck :driving:

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Don Coffey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:20 am

Hi Jon,

When locking your car with the remote, hold down the button for a few seconds and this may work, it does on the latest cars, but not sure when this was introduced.

Don

jon

Post by jon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks for the replies, forgot to mention its a late 2007 model with sports seats and the DVD based nav.

I’ve tried holding down the lock button to fold the mirrors in but this doesn’t do anything, may give the dealer a call.

bayrak

Post by bayrak » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:20 pm

Jon,

Just an update, my X5 was built during week 39 2010, when holding the lock button down I find the sun roof closes if in the open position, the widows also close if open, but the mirrors do not fold in. :driving:

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:39 pm

DVD is available from BMW. There are two updates issued every year. As to being worth it, well it costs about £175 - £200 depending upon the dealer, and it depends upon when your disc was issued. Mine is a 2008 in the E53, so it's probably about time to update it again except a new bypass between Bedford and the M1 has just opened and won't be on it yet. Might wait a wee while yet.

The one in the X6 is hard drive based and I don't have a clue how you do that one! Built Week 40 2010. USB thumb drive I suppose and an expensive licence key. :? :x
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.