Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E70 x5 2011 won't start

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Tommyx5msport

E70 x5 2011 won't start

Post by Tommyx5msport » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi all, just after some help, I have a 2011 30d x5 which won't start. Battery is fine , ignition comes on. But won't turn over. No warning signs on dash. When you press the start button you can hear the pumps working, but won't turn over. We have had hump leads on it. A local mechanic has tried to read fault codes but the ignition switches itself off after about 30 secs. Eventually he read fault codes and only thing that came il is 49a6 LIN BUS. I am hoping it just could be the starter but wondered if anyone has had similar problems. Many thanks

Moley

Re: E70 x5 2011 won't start

Post by Moley » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 pm

When we had our x3 it would not start because we had a faulty key.  The car would not read the imobolizer transponder from the key.  Sometimes it would start first time,  next time you went into the car you had to try the key about 50 times.  Bought a new key from BMW and the problem was solved.
I have no idea if this could be the same with the e70.
But it's something to consider.
Adrian

Rick G

Post by Rick G » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:07 am

If you have a second key try it as the car is about the right sort of age to be a dead key
2004 X5 4.4l
If every thing seems to be under control then you aint goin fast enough.  Mario Andretti

marti

Post by marti » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:53 pm

[quote="Tommyx5msport"]
Hi all, just after some help, I have a 2011 30d x5 which won't start. Battery is fine , ignition comes on. But won't turn over. No warning signs on dash. When you press the start button you can hear the pumps working, but won't turn over. We have had hump leads on it. A local mechanic has tried to read fault codes but the ignition switches itself off after about 30 secs. Eventually he read fault codes and only thing that came il is 49a6 LIN BUS. I am hoping it just could be the starter but wondered if anyone has had similar problems. Many thanks
[/quote]
If you have jump leads on your battery is not good???....low voltage or duff battery = NO START

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:36 pm

[quote="Tommyx5msport"]
[/quote]
Did you solve it
Sounds like glow plug controller issue that code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk