Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

* Marked Tyres - An Expensive Mistake (but not as bad as it could've been)

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
AdamsX5

Re: * Marked Tyres - An Expensive Mistake (but not as bad as it could've been)

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:40 pm

[quote="Horizon"]
Every time you drive your car , every bend, every corner, the wheels will be rotating at different rates, hence the need for differentials , members on here who have had star marked tyres fitted from new have had transfer boxes fail on the E70's.
I agree that tyres are very important regards rolling circumference, as I had a problem with my then X3 , which I changed to a square setup which stopped the transmission wind up, stopped the noises and the tyre slippage.
We buy cars we desire to enjoy them, the trouble can be that we get paranoid about them breaking, costing us even more money.
We can't sleep unless we have a bullet proof warranty. [emoji51]
I feel it certainly takes away from the enjoyment that we bought them for in the first place.
( sorry if that sounds a little cynical [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3])
[/quote]
Your right I’m a bit paranoid about it breaking on me.
I’ve started a warranty only to realise now the cover I got differed to the online quote and they sell a different policy when u ring up. How weird is that. So I need to add core plus and safety options which will cover fuel ignition and suspension and braking. The core warranty covers jack... just engine gearbox but it does more online,

Anyway I’ve heard how E70 owners have spent a lot sorting their cars. Would you believe the chap I bought winter tyres from told me he had enough after repairing his 57 plate E70.. parking brake and injectors went on it and sometimes twice.
So he traded it in for a new X5 (f15). So I guess the in some ways the anxiety is justified but you have to be savvy like a member in here said. Buy a good warranty and have a backup plan( know a good indi or bmw owners who have been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aruek

Post by aruek » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:14 pm

That is so sadly true.[quote="Horizon"]
Every time you drive your car , every bend, every corner, the wheels will be rotating at different rates, hence the need for differentials , members on here who have had star marked tyres fitted from new have had transfer boxes fail on the E70's.
I agree that tyres are very important regards rolling circumference, as I had a problem with my then X3 , which I changed to a square setup which stopped the transmission wind up, stopped the noises and the tyre slippage.
We buy cars we desire to enjoy them, the trouble can be that we get paranoid about them breaking, costing us even more money.
We can't sleep unless we have a bullet proof warranty. [emoji51]
I feel it certainly takes away from the enjoyment that we bought them for in the first place.
( sorry if that sounds a little cynical [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3])
[/quote]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:37 am

Very true  >:(
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.