Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Need a new rear bumper

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
cb1965

Need a new rear bumper

Post by cb1965 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:25 am

Hi all,

Due to the usual hit and run types that inhabit our roads these days I have need of a new rear bumper. My local bodyshop have tried repairing the damage but it's too far gone. So I need a new bumper support and bumper cover. I have sourced the support on Ebay, but all the secondhand bumpers are in a bad way so was looking to buy new.

I see that several manufacturers make pattern part rear bumper covers for anywhere between a third and half the price of a BMW OEM item.... in most ways I'm not tempted as my experience in the past with Honda and Subaru pattern bodywork/trim items has not been great, but was wondering if any of you more knowledgeable than I about BMW X series items had had any success with any of these?

The bumper will be painted to match the existing so it's the fit I am more concerned about as the finish can be improved during the paint process if necessary.