Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Just viewed another E70 with decent spec.

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Anyways was due to pick up my 4.0d today but the dealership hasn’t even started the valet or any of the snag list. Disappointed to say the least I arranged to view another car. This was a 3.0d se with sports suspension and 20 alloys.
Also had nappa leather is that premium or standard. It’s a 2007 model but had the must have panoramic roof. The rest of spec is identical but the idrive is older and higher tax(ouch)
I wasn’t able to drive but the Carly showed faults with 6 glow plugs as on pic.
The dealers said they would sort it. The panoramic roof wasn’t working either.
The only thing which put me off was last owner had it for only 12 months. However it has had FSH part Bmw. The condition was ok but it want cleaned so didn’t look the part. I really like it apart from the idrive from my E60 years.
They tyres were staggered and as I expected not star rated or branded. Ventura and hankooks both not runflats.
Now I’m in 2 minds. The price difference is £8000 but this is 2007 other is early 2011.
There are more faults logged on this but at least the dealer is sorting them and I have confidence in them. The way I got treated buy it or leave it at the other place it has me thinking. And then they couldn’t bothered ringing me about today and sorting issues prior to collection.
It really is the buying experience sometimes but I love the other car 2011. The engine code is M57T2 vs N57S.
I’ve not drive the 3.0d yet. I think it has nice seats compared to the 4.0d with lumbar and side support. My heart wants the 4.0d but my head says the 3.0d is a better deal. What would you guys do in my shoes. Bit of a dilemma for me.
Also I will lose the deposit£300 on the 2011 but other dealers says due to 14 cooling off period they cant keep it even though I’ve ordered car. Something about write to FCA. I signed an order form with T &Cs which states can only use deposit against another car within 3 months.

.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
Last edited by AdamsX5 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Digidick

Re: Just viewed another E70 with decent spec.

Post by Digidick » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:46 pm

Come and buy my 2010 40d it’s not officially for sale but could be tempted [emoji4]

I’m in Derby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:09 pm

[quote="Digidick"]
Come and buy my 2010 40d it’s not officially for sale but could be tempted [emoji4]

I’m in Derby.

[/quote]
I’ve got 2 deposits to get back first so you never know.[emoji3]

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:23 pm

Anyway the dealer I visited today also said same that he had been selling tyres in a past life and over the 20 years he would match on axle and with staggered setup the star rating was Bmw way of increasing price and had no effect on transfer case. He might be taking rubbish but this car has had them on for a while so will test the full lock to see any groans or noises.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Given that we have an expert on transfer cases on the Forum and just what bad tyre choice can do to them (kkx5), the Dealer has no idea about the issues modern transmissions face with staggered wheel setups!

The N57 engine is much cleaner burning than the M57 series and you also get the 8speed transmission.  Lower tax bands, better economy etc.
Last edited by X5Sport on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:20 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
Given that we have an expert on transfer cases on the Forum and just what bad tyre choice can do to them (kkx5), the Dealer has no idea about the issues modern transmissions face with staggered wheel setups!

The N57 engine is much cleaner burning than the M57 series and you also get the 8speed transmission.  Lower tax bands, better economy etc.
[/quote]
Isn’t the M57 more reliable than N57? Also the prop shaft affected the 2010 models and later ?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:27 pm

Never seen issues reported with either engine.  Prop shaft is subject of a recall and replacement.

If you’re thinking of timing chain, that’s the now replaced N47 4-cyl lump.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:35 pm

[quote="AdamsX5"]
[quote="Digidick"]

I’m in Derby.

[/quote]
I’ve got 2 deposits to get back first so you never know.[emoji3]

[/quote]

You know where I am, great spec and 360bhp as well  :P

That earlier model will also have the 6 speed box rather than the newer 8 speed.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:59 pm

360 have you tuned it as I thought it was about 306?

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Looking through the faults in the 2007 car.
It seems the telephone module showing error and Bluetooth faulty. The CCC is showing codes 00E18c and F
Sunroof is dead.
Seats controller bus code ooe447
Theft alarm fault.
Instrument cluster 3 faults
And the glow plug faults with controller.

I’m sure the dealer wants to fix but realistically these are expensive fixes especially the sunroof.
I can’t see how they can fix all and still sell for a profit. They may just auction it or sell to someone who may not be too concerned and have them fix it later under £500 max claim warranty.
I’m leaning towards the 2011 if things get cleared up next week.

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:14 pm

[quote="AdamsX5"]
360 have you tuned it as I thought it was about 306?

[/quote]

Yes and she goes like the wind when needed.

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:16 pm

[quote="AdamsX5"]
Looking through the faults in the 2007 car.
It seems the telephone module showing error and Bluetooth faulty. The CCC is showing codes 00E18c and F
Sunroof is dead.
Seats controller bus code ooe447
Theft alarm fault.
Instrument cluster 3 faults
And the glow plug faults with controller.

I’m sure the dealer wants to fix but realistically these are expensive fixes especially the sunroof.
I can’t see how they can fix all and still sell for a profit. They may just auction it or sell to someone who may not be too concerned and have them fix it later under £500 max claim warranty.
I’m leaning towards the 2011 if things get cleared up next week.

[/quote]

This isn't the one for you and you'll regret not getting a Sport and not getting a 40d.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:30 pm

But it has the sports pack with suspension and 20 Alloys. I’ve seen msport with std alloys and they aren’t all that. Driven 2 cars with 4.0d and hoping to get a chance on how the 3.0d feels. I’m coming from a 525d so used to the extra power. If it’s sluggish then no amount of spec will sway me.

Digidick

Post by Digidick » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:47 pm

It also has black trim you'll be forever trying to keep black and most will always want a Sport over an SE come resale. It's a big old girl and that extra BHP you get from a 40d is needed.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:23 pm

[quote="Digidick"]
It also has black trim you'll be forever trying to keep black and most will always want a Sport over an SE come resale. It's a big old girl and that extra BHP you get from a 40d is needed.
[/quote]
I get what your saying but my Mrs thinks cream is harder to keep clean. I prefer the cream/ivory though myself. However Nappa and comfort seats feel better than standard seats with Nevada.
Big Girl you can say that again.. tried to drive it like my saloon and it’s unforgiving in corners with body roll but I expected that. But it’s noisy to get it going I don’t need much turbo to get my saloon off the ground. Maybe something up with engine not sure but it seemed abit loud like a roar when I accelerated. Has anyone driven F10 and E70 and can relate to what I’m saying.