Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

just bought an x5

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Jayx5

Re: just bought an x5

Post by Jayx5 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:15 pm

thanks Leslie, I havnt tried either out yet to busy playing with the comfort seats lol.
2010 space grey se dynamic pack and lots of toys

AdamsX5

just bought an x5

Post by AdamsX5 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:19 pm

[quote="Leslie"]
Adamx5

No they haven’t. Have stone chips on rear plastic arches. One side looks as if it needs painting.
Let me know how much it costs to have them repainted as I’m thinking of doing that. As it spoils the look of the car when you get up close.
The paintwork is damaged near front of rear arch when you zoom in to photo you can see black stain.
I’m reassured you mention it as I thought the dealer had scuffed it a few days ago. It does look like a rash now you mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]
Seems very common , will hopefully have a quote soon ,think I will just get the arches done not the sills ,will be a local painter where I take the arches too him to paint they fit them and get a local vinyl place to fit some clear after the paint hardens a bit  .
    I tried to replace a few missing plastic rivet on the front arch last night ,need 4 wrecked 9 trying ,think I will buy the correct tool as fitting without it seems impossible ,they are on but sure ain't right  :)) I was using a riveter but the jaws were too small and they broke too early, Maybe its because they are not genuine but I did see see a guy on youtube using vicegrips !

Loving the cooled seats and pot belly stove remote Jay  8)
[/quote]
Have you had work done yet? As my arches look quite bad with the black rash chipping paintwork. Was thinking of getting it sorted not sure how much it will be.

Last edited by AdamsX5 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayx5

Post by Jayx5 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:52 pm

mines the se with dynamic pack so the arches are black plastic which hides any marks, I bet it winds you up every time you get in the car and look at it.
2010 space grey se dynamic pack and lots of toys

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Not got anywhere near the painter yet Adam too many things too do and trying to source another set of winter wheels so i can get mine refurbed , got discs and pads Monday and towbar fitted which took most of Tuesday now back at work ,I'm guessing it will be around £80 an arch though  :)

I bought proper sealey plastic rivets though (£12 for 50) and with the correct tool they are a breeze to fit unlike that Chinese scrap I was sold which just snapped even with the correct tool ...
Jay my arches do annoy me every time I see them ,black is the worst colour to show the damage as apart from that and the last 6 inches of the sill end paint is good  :(
Last edited by Leslie on Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:03 am

[quote="Leslie"]
Not got anywhere near the painter yet Adam too many things too do and trying to source another set of winter wheels so i can get mine refurbed , got discs and pads Monday and towbar fitted which took most of Tuesday now back at work ,I'm guessing it will be around £80 an arch though  :)

I bought proper sealey plastic rivets though (£12 for 50) and with the correct tool they are a breeze to fit unlike that Chinese scrap I was sold which just snapped even with the correct tool ...
Jay my arches do annoy me every time I see them ,black is the worst colour to show the damage as apart from that and the last 6 inches of the sill end paint is good  :(
[/quote]
If it’s £80 that’s not bad. One side is worse than other and having done then put some protective cover on. Where do we get the film covers and how to fit them?

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 am

I haven't seen any for sale I think it only started with the newer x5's any place that does stickers /vinyl wrap will be able to sort you out.