Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Seat covers for E70

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
AdamsX5

Seat covers for E70

Post by AdamsX5 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Anyone using seat covers? Mrs thinks it a good idea due to weather and rain after a soak the leather seats may get spoiled. Having the merino leather which is very soft and not too hard wearing thought it was a good idea. Anyone using these and link would be great.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuBeeDoo

Re: Seat covers for E70

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:44 pm

I've got Nevada leather in Oyster in my F25, and I had grey standard leather in my old E46.

I use this to stop the seats getting too dirty off my work clothes.  I've actually got a couple I rotate, washing them every month or so.  The seats still get a little grimey (sp?), but not as badly as without.

HTH
Stuart.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:10 pm

They seem ok. Anyone using a faux leather type covering or anything that would blend in?

marinaman

Post by marinaman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:26 pm

these are great  got from Amazon.  all colours  Faux leather pu or something but very hard wearing, nice to sit on as well,  they just fit on the seat base and fasten through and under.
Link here but if you search for PU leather seat covers there are now loads of new designs with patterns or plain and full seat or just seat base cover.  Highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072K4NR9W/ ... UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by marinaman on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B&B by the sea in sunny Bridlington, best rates for members  :) www.themarina-bridlington.com

AdamsX5

Post by AdamsX5 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:44 pm

[quote="marinaman"]
these are great  got from Amazon.  all colours  Faux leather pu or something but very hard wearing, nice to sit on as well,  they just fit on the seat base and fasten through and under.
Link here but if you search for PU leather seat covers there are now loads of new designs with patterns or plain and full seat or just seat base cover.  Highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072K4NR9W/ ... UTF8&psc=1

[/quote]
Thanks they look good.
I’ve ordered these from amazon. See what they are like when I get them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/fixcape-neopre ... B01N9X7Y7X

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:18 pm

Just keeping it good for the next owner  :))

AdamsX5

Seat covers for E70

Post by AdamsX5 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 pm

[quote="Leslie"]
Just keeping it good for the next owner  :))
[/quote]
I know what your saying but the merino leather is not hard wearing and the seats are showing some wear already so need to stop the wear.

Update.
Covers are on and they look quite expensive compared to the ones generally available. No need for fixings under seat. The top just hangs over seat top and the sharkskin type of cloth just grips to the leather. When you sit on them they don’t move and are quite warm being made of neoprene so no need to use the heated seats. I understand in summer they are cool as well. But you can feel these heat through the heated seats though when you put them on heating.
Overall I would say they are worth £20 each and will last for a while. They are washable and easily cleaned. They piping I ordered was red but the grey that turned up was great and went well with the leather already installed.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageImage
Last edited by AdamsX5 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Hhmmm.  I might have to give one of ^^^ them a try.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)