Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Selling Wheels and Tyres - Advice Please!

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
greido

Selling Wheels and Tyres - Advice Please!

Post by greido » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:25 am

Hi, when I had my E70 I used 19" (M Sport Style 223) Alloys with winter tyres in the Winter.
I now have a F15 and bought a second hand set of Style 467 and will be putting the winter tyres on these and putting them on the car this week.
Currently on the 467s there are virtually new Continental Sports Contact SSR Star Rated Run Flat tyres that have very little wear so I'm not sure if I'm better selling these separately to the 223 Alloys or have them mounted on there and sell as a package?
Any thoughts would be appreciated as this is a bit of a conundrum; I'm not sure if the 223 wheels are worth too much on their own but a set of the Continentals would be over £750 new from Blackcircles so I expect there to be some residual value in the tyres. The Tyre sizes are 255 50 19 Front & 285 45 19 Rear.
Also, if anyone knows what a reasonable asking price would be for the wheels and Tyres, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance.

sid10

Re: Selling Wheels and Tyres - Advice Please!

Post by sid10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi my advise would be to sell them separately ! do you have an amount you need back for either double it then go from there .
Always ask for cash if using ebay and get them collected lots of people get caught out by using a courier then getting a charge back saying they werent delivered .

AdamsX5

Re: Selling Wheels and Tyres - Advice Please!

Post by AdamsX5 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:02 pm

The tyres will sell better without alloys.
Sell individually.
Msport alloys aren’t that popular as SE cars tend to go for the 20inch larger types.
Alloys will be good for winter tyre setup though .