Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice following a small collision

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Barroni

Advice following a small collision

Post by Barroni » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:34 pm

Howdy folks

Just after a bit of advice please....

While coming off a small round about in my 2011 X5 a car joining the round about failed to stop and drove directly into the passenger side rear wheel.
The car is on 19inch Dueller runflats. There is damage to the wheel (scrapes) and a bit of his bumper is firmly lodged between the lip of the tyre and wheel.
Ive left this small bit of bumper in, in case of puncture. I drove the car home as its approx 600meters from crash site to my house.
The actual body work took no damage, it was a Merc SLK so given the low nature of this car and the height of the X5 the body had clearance.

I know these cars are sensitive with tyres already, given the fact that the rear wheel took all the impact do you think its safe for the car to be driven to the repair center (12 miles)
Im just concerned if there is any damage that I cant see or the wheel is not properly aligned I could risk further damage to the X-drive.
Since its a non fault accident and the other driver has accepted liability I have been provided with a nice Sante-Fe so I am not using the X5. Just curious if I should allow the repair garage to drive the car back to their garage?

Cheers guys

marti

Re: Advice following a small collision

Post by marti » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:55 pm

Once they take possession of your car they are responsible for it, once repaired you have a guarantee and if your not happy when you go to pick it up, you can refuse too if its not right, you should get some paperwork when they pick it up....make sure you do.

Barroni

Re: Advice following a small collision

Post by Barroni » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:47 am

great - thanks for the reply. Once I get it back ill take it to my local Indy and ask them to check for damage and confirm alignment.