Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

new rear tyres

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Jayx5

new rear tyres

Post by Jayx5 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:31 am

I had my gearbox oil changed yesterday and noticed my rear tyres are really worn on the inners, so need 2 new ones :( .
I've got star marked rft Bridgestone duelers all round at the moment ,would you get the same rears again or is there something better and cheaper out there ? the best price I can find for the Bridgestones (without fitting ) is £238.80 each from camskil, I will also get the tracking done as there's plenty of tread (5mm) on the rest of the tyre just the inners are nearly down to the cords.
So what would you guys do?

Waka

Re: new rear tyres

Post by Waka » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:15 pm

I'm in a similar situation except I'm going to have to replace all 4 tyres.

I don't find the ride too rough (even on 20" tyres) so am going to stick with run-flats, and I can't find * rated non-runflats anyway.

Having spent far too long researching what tyres to buy, I'm going to get the Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport. Lots of people who have tried many tyres recommend them and say they get better wear than on other tyres.

This seems a good site to compare tyre prices:
https://www.idealo.co.uk/compare/253808 ... y-rft.html

As I have terrible wear on the rear inner shoulder and front outer, I'm also going to get the tracking done when I've changed the tyres as 15k miles on a grands worth of tyres is not good enough!

Jayx5

Post by Jayx5 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:25 pm

When I bought my x5 in November, it recently had new ones put on the front so with a new set of rears and only doing 5k miles a year they should last a few years.
The guy I bought my x5 off only used BMW for new tyres, the last receipt for a full set was £1440 :o

Jayx5

Post by Jayx5 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:23 pm

just had 2 new rear star marked Bridgestone duelers fitted and full alignment done, wow what a difference drives like a different car.
I had it done at tyre-smart in witham, excellent service would definitely recommend.