Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Engine Ticking Noise after Rocker Cover Gasket Replacement

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
afhussain

Engine Ticking Noise after Rocker Cover Gasket Replacement

Post by afhussain » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi all,

Its been a while since I have posted on here. I need your help if possible please.

I have a 2008 E70 3.0sd. The car has served us well over the past three year and has over 157,000 miles on the clock now.

I had an oil leak and booked it into my local garage. They said the leak was coming from the rocker cover gasket and it would need replacing. They replaced it (charged me £300) and when I got the car back the engine management light was on. I took it back and they apparently hadn't connected a sensor properly, they reconnected it and reset the light and it has not come back on.

The other thing that I have noticed is a ticking noise coming from the engine, I have had this car for 3 years and I know that it did not sound like this in the past. The garage is insisting that this is normal, and suggested performing an oil service (which I am having done at another garage today).

I spoke another mechanic who suggested that the ticking could be as a result of one of the injectors not being seated properly.

Has anyone come across anything similar in the past?

In summary, I had the rocker cover gasket changed and now there is a new ticking noise coming from the engine.