Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Please help - location of PDC Control unit

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
XP3NNY

Please help - location of PDC Control unit

Post by XP3NNY » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi guys

Do you know where is the PDC control unit located? Everything online is saying that it's on the right hand side in the boot. Just underneath the fuses there is white plastic holder where it should be, but I only have there the air suspension control unit :?

MY60 LCi

Cheeers
1tPkzbS.png
1tPkzbS.png (92.58 KiB) Viewed 9772 times
IMG_0962 copy.jpg
IMG_0962 copy.jpg (381.97 KiB) Viewed 9772 times
BMW X5 40D SE // 2010

DIY-PETE

Re: Please help - location of PDC Control unit

Post by DIY-PETE » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi, I've taken a lot of useful info from this site so I have just registered to hopefully/maybe give something back!
I also trawled the web and found something as follows:
For the model years 2007-2008 (and possibly part of 2009), the PDC is a separate module located in the right rear compartment, below the A42 rear junction box, in a white, plastic rack.
For newer model years, the PDC is combined with the A4010 front junction box, located under the dash below the glove box.

I'm not sure whether this is an entry from our "friends from across the pond" so location could be dependent on steering wheel.
Pete

XP3NNY

Post by XP3NNY » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:45 am

DIY-PETE wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:51 pm Hi, I've taken a lot of useful info from this site so I have just registered to hopefully/maybe give something back!
I also trawled the web and found something as follows:
For the model years 2007-2008 (and possibly part of 2009), the PDC is a separate module located in the right rear compartment, below the A42 rear junction box, in a white, plastic rack.
For newer model years, the PDC is combined with the A4010 front junction box, located under the dash below the glove box.

I'm not sure whether this is an entry from our "friends from across the pond" so location could be dependent on steering wheel.
Pete
Thanks a lot Pete :thumbsup: - this make sense as I've seen junction box mentioned in some of the materials, but not in association with PDC. I'll look into this over the weekend.
BMW X5 40D SE // 2010

Fda1x5

Post by Fda1x5 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi, was your PDC not working or why were you looking for the location? Is the A4010a the PDC unit? I just bought a 2011 40D and the parking sensors aren't working. No clicking out of any of them and I pulled an AAEF fault code which relates to terminal 15 and an issue with the contol unit I think?

Did you get your problem sorted. If I replace the A4010a control unit which I think is the PDC, I will need to get the new one coded to the car. Any idea how or where you would go about doing this? Or any suggestions in anything else I should check first?

XP3NNY

Post by XP3NNY » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:07 am

I still haven't resolved this. I found the junction box unit (in passenger footwell), but didn't replace it as it needs to be coded etc. Also the second hand market for these is almost non existent and also buying second hand you risk of having same intermittent issues as I currently have. New unit from BMW is £360 excluding coding/fitting etc.

It's very frustrating ..
BMW X5 40D SE // 2010