Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Comfort access issue

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
asoni

Comfort access issue

Post by asoni » Sat May 11, 2019 11:30 am

My comfort access has stopped working however only the part which locks and unlocks the car. So the car doesn’t unlock when I walk up to it and also can’t lock it by touching the handles.

Funny thing is the boot lid still opens and the car also starts and runs without inserting key.

I must admit I’ve hardly ever charged the key since I got the car as keep forgetting to insert it when I’m driving!

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Comfort access issue

Post by X5Sport » Sat May 11, 2019 1:09 pm

No good on any doors, or just the Driver’s door?

Low battery would have been my first thought too. Some of the system uses a low frequency circuit ‘pinged’ by the car so it may the other frequency (which uses more power) isn’t seeing the key.

Try charging the key and see if it improves.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

jason909

Post by jason909 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:26 am

Hi,comfort access fobs have a battery which can be replaced,its a a cr232 if my memory is correct,hope this is helpful.

asoni

Post by asoni » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:05 am

Hi, I did try this but to no avail.

As mentioned, the boot opens when car is locked and I can also start and drive the car so it’s obviously recognising the key, just not for the door lock part.

asoni

Post by asoni » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:06 am

Sorry to answer the other question it doesn’t work on any of the doors, apart from boot lid.

asoni

Post by asoni » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:36 pm

Still not managed to sort this and given up now lol.

But a related issue, I’ve been getting a lot of high battery discharge warnings last few months.

I got battery checked and it’s fine, been doing some research and apparently faulty comfort access handles can drain the battery.

Anyone confirm this and also if it’s possible to disable completely?

Would this also disable the keyless start as I use this all the time and definitely don’t want to lose that?