Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW damaged car

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Jayx5

BMW damaged car

Post by Jayx5 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Picked my car up from BMW yesterday after the new gearbox had been fitted, all happy till I washed it today (they gave it back to me dirty) They have scratched/damaged the drivers front wing and painted it :x there is over spray on the door and bonnet and a rough masking tape line down the door/wing gap.
I can understand these things happen but they could have had the decency to tell me first and give me a chance to inspect it before/after it was repaired. I'm not happy and will be going in there tomorrow to have a moan.

marti

Re: BMW damaged car

Post by marti » Mon May 27, 2019 7:20 am

Thats not very professional, make sure you get some documentation for the repair as it will be guaranteed.....

Jayx5

Post by Jayx5 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 pm

After a week of BMW ignoring my calls ,I popped in there today to try and get an answer to the damage on my wing, they admitted it shouldn't of happened and offered to mop the car to remove the overspray which I declined as I've already done it.
They have guaranteed the repair for as long as I own the vehicle which was a suprise.

Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:05 am

At least they have admitted it, I would be writing to the dealer principal to express my concerns that this clandestine repair can go on at his dealership without prior discussion with you the customer.
As previously mentioned I would want a written report detailing cause and repair method and confirmation that its meet BMW repair standards.

Has a similar incident on my x5 where a wheel was kerbed on a test drive after winter to summer wheel change, happened whilst avoiding another car. The workshop manager spoke to me immediately, showed me damage, apologised and advised that a new wheel and tyre where on order and would be with them in the morning (tyres had only done just over 1k miles) 4 wheel tracking carried out and report provided, lent a new x5 overnight and my car delivered back to me following day, no charge for anything.
Unfortunately accidents happen, but honestly and being upfront is paramount and I will therefore hesitate to use the dealer again.