Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Collecting Blue Thunder on Friday - any advice ??!!

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
MJim

Re: Collecting Blue Thunder on Friday - any advice ??!!

Post by MJim » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:25 pm

@binu. I also didn't bother with tyre insurance. In terms of gap insurance, another forum member suggested car2cover.co.uk who quoted me (via their website) £439 for 4 years cover, £50k cap, with value top up to cost of same spec car at that time, rather than what you paid. You'd need to check out the terms to make sure they worked for you (e.g. doesn't cover losses incurred in non EU countries), and that you're happy with the underwriter, but fwiw I decided to go with them.
Current: 40d M Sport, deep sea blue, oyster, 19in
Spare: VW Golf V5

History: TVR Chimera 5.0
First Car: Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9

bayrak

Post by bayrak » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:14 am

Mr MJim,

At last arrived and a fine example it is to.

Enjoy :driving:

B1G JV

Post by B1G JV » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:17 am

Well done on the purchase, very nice car :)

I would recommend the gap insurance if you find a price you're comfortable with. My friend took gap insurance out when he bought his new Alfa 156 a few years ago, after driving it for 2 years a bus drove into the side of him on a roundabout, now it was an Alfa 156, so it had HALVED in value, he got the purchase price back so was a very happy bunny and went and bought an E46 323Ci at the time...........(which he's still driving 8 years later)
Current: E53 Facelift 3.0d Sport Exclusive, Sterling Grey/Black Nappa Leather, comms, 20"'s, heated steering wheel :p just remapped by Jason @BW Chiptune.
(Previous X5 4.4i Sport, Black/Black, comms, 20" 168's)
Also: E31 840Ci
Previous: 911, M5, 540, RR, 30ish BMW's