Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stock speaker improve

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
PierreNel1982

Stock speaker improve

Post by PierreNel1982 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:02 pm

I think im not the only one to think the 4 speakers in the stock audio setup is awful.
I want to improve the sound somewhat but not by adding a huge sub in the boot etc or cutting into the tray next to the battery.
Can I just upgrade 4 speakers and get a decent gain or must I add a sub under the seats. I dont want to wreck the doors or boot by cutting new holes etc.
Doubt there is sub in the car with the standard setup that I could improve as the head unit does all that to save cash.

any ideas, greatly appreciated.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Stock speaker improve

Post by X5Sport » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 pm

The standard audio isn’t that good in any BMW - nor many other cars. Those cars equipped with the OEM Logic 7 surround system place subs under the front seats. I don’t think you will achieve much improvement without adding the extra speakers in all doors plus a pair of subs, or at least without the subs as a minimum. Most likely the doors will already have the cutouts however the door cards won’t.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

mr angry

Re: Stock speaker improve

Post by mr angry » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 pm

I replaced the front door speakers and underseat subs with Focal components and subs. I also bought an amp but didnt bother fitting it as it sounds good enough without it.

Adambaker9550

Stock speaker improve

Post by Adambaker9550 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:53 pm

What speakers did you use pal and was it an easy swap. I think my audio is OK I have the subs etc. But think replacing the door speakers could be a good upgrade