Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Question about Sat Nav Versions after car swap

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Monkeyman

Question about Sat Nav Versions after car swap

Post by Monkeyman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:04 pm

I finally today picked up my replacement E70 from the dealer after battles about previous vehicle and its ongoing problems......

Last year I purchased the 2009 Update 2 Sat Nav DVD as I was going into France.....when I purchased my E70 SE in January I changed the disc over for the 2008 one in the vehicle......worked perfectly....

Swapped vehicle today for an exact same age but the sport version and swapped the disc over......Navigation system comes back saying Please Insert Navigation Disc.....Ejected - Reinserted...No Luck

Put the 08 version in powered up and it worked....ejected Disc inserted 09 version and got a message saying ....system needs to be updated please shutdown for 5 mins and restart.....did this.....still asking for disc.....

Spoke to dealer and he is saying that the car needs a full upgrade of software that can take up to 1.5 days........have managed to get them to agree to do it for free but just wondered if anybody else had had this same problem and needed to do the same thing......

Sorry for the length and thanks for reading
Previous

E30 325i 2 door
E36 323i Coupe
Volvo T4........God knows why....but damm quick
E60 530d M Sport
E70 3.0sd SE Space Grey

Current

E70 3.0sd M Sport Carbon Black

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Question about Sat Nav Versions after car swap

Post by Chompers » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Monkeyman, this is not uncommon and a trate of most newish BMW's OH's 1er was in at the begining of the year for a day just to code the drivers window 'Drop' action :headbang: Good that the dealer is doing this FOC, would have been nicer if they had done it before hand over to you!!!! take it the newer Nav disc is a BMW one?

Oh and by the way don't expect loads more info for new roads in France, I think the mapping companies are struggling to keep up with all the new roads.
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

Monkeyman

Re: Question about Sat Nav Versions after car swap

Post by Monkeyman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:31 pm

[quote=""Chompers""]Monkeyman, this is not uncommon and a trate of most newish BMW's OH's 1er was in at the begining of the year for a day just to code the drivers window 'Drop' action :headbang: Good that the dealer is doing this FOC, would have been nicer if they had done it before hand over to you!!!! take it the newer Nav disc is a BMW one?

Oh and by the way don't expect loads more info for new roads in France, I think the mapping companies are struggling to keep up with all the new roads.[/quote]

Thanks for that......as I thought........I bought the disc when I still had my e60 when we went to france last year.......not fussed now as the only highlight of that french trip was driving down the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans on the way back
Previous

E30 325i 2 door
E36 323i Coupe
Volvo T4........God knows why....but damm quick
E60 530d M Sport
E70 3.0sd SE Space Grey

Current

E70 3.0sd M Sport Carbon Black