Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car over revving

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Smatty

Car over revving

Post by Smatty » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:16 am

On top of my battery drain issue, i have noted recently that the car is over revving at low speeds, and not dropping the revs when i take my foot of the accelerator.

Still love the car, but as this forum is the font of all X knowledge, and to aid my sense of security with the car, I will turn to you guys first.

Cheers in advance

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Car over revving

Post by Sanj » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:57 pm

Sorry Smatty, no idea on this one? :scratchhead:

PM Jason - he might be willing to offer some vague guesses as to what it might be without seeing the car.
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Monkeyman

Post by Monkeyman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:39 am

[quote=""Smatty""]On top of my battery drain issue, i have noted recently that the car is over revving at low speeds, and not dropping the revs when i take my foot of the accelerator.

Still love the car, but as this forum is the font of all X knowledge, and to aid my sense of security with the car, I will turn to you guys first.

Cheers in advance[/quote]

When you say over revving....do you also get the gearbox holding on to the gear when you think it should change gear ??????/ for example when going up a hill etc
Previous

E30 325i 2 door
E36 323i Coupe
Volvo T4........God knows why....but damm quick
E60 530d M Sport
E70 3.0sd SE Space Grey

Current

E70 3.0sd M Sport Carbon Black

Smatty

Post by Smatty » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:54 am

[quote=""Monkeyman""][quote=""Smatty""]On top of my battery drain issue, i have noted recently that the car is over revving at low speeds, and not dropping the revs when i take my foot of the accelerator.

Cheers in advance[/quote]

When you say over revving....do you also get the gearbox holding on to the gear when you think it should change gear ??????/ for example when going up a hill etc[/quote]

That's it - especially on slight inclines.

Also noted that the fan doesn't shut down for some time once the engine is switched off, and is rather loud :?

Pewters

Car over revving

Post by Pewters » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:09 am

Sounds quite normal especially the fan.....mine fan stays on in the warmer weather.

I find the gearbox frustrating at times and changes gear when you don't want it too, I get this going down hill and on an incline on the motorway if your not hanging about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkeyman

Post by Monkeyman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:06 pm

[quote=""Pewters""]Sounds quite normal especially the fan.....mine fan stays on in the warmer weather.

I find the gearbox frustrating at times and changes gear when you don't want it too, I get this going down hill and on an incline on the motorway if your not hanging about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I picked up my replacement E70 3.0sd M Sport on Friday last week.......tried putting the 09 nav dvd in and wouldn't accept it....dealer said that the car needed a re-pro gramme......booked it in.....then drove the car round for the rest of Friday and the weekend ....must be a different map on the car as the places where the old car wouldnt change gear the new does smoothly....gear changes are a lot smoother and the response seems better.......first thing tuesday phoned dealer to cancel re-program as dont want to loose the mappings........Asked the service guy if that could affect the cars response to which I got the reply "Could do as the transmission and ecu is remapped on a re-code"......

So until I desperately need the 2009 maps - probably never - I will not be getting the re-code done........not sure what age or type your car is but mine was a july 2008 registered 3.0sd SE and is now a April 2008 3.0sd Sport with original map......

Not sure if it helps.......
Previous

E30 325i 2 door
E36 323i Coupe
Volvo T4........God knows why....but damm quick
E60 530d M Sport
E70 3.0sd SE Space Grey

Current

E70 3.0sd M Sport Carbon Black

Smatty

Post by Smatty » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 am

Its a 2010 E70 :(

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:31 am

[quote=""Smatty""]Its a 2010 E70 :([/quote]
Don't look so sad mate you have a 2010 e70....if it upsets you that much i'll swap my 54 plate e53 with you :whistle: :lol:
As for the revs if you mean when going down an incline then it's normal as it want's to keep changing down to slow the car up.....very frustrating :evil: but a simple solution is to pop it into sport mode and then the jerkiness is gone ;)
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Pewters

Post by Pewters » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Arghh didnt realise you had an e70

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:33 pm

[quote=""Pewters""]Arghh didnt realise you had an e70[/quote]

Thickie! What's this I hear about your car being dirty! :o
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Pewters

Post by Pewters » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Only heared about it coz you wern't invited :P

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:12 pm

[quote=""Pewters""]Only heared about it coz you wern't invited :P[/quote]

Don't listen to him Sanj he wasn't invited either he invited himself and just turned up with his clan and then drank all my beer :lol:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Pewters

Car over revving

Post by Pewters » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:37 pm

I would have drank them all if I hadn't fallen asleep LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:53 pm

[quote=""Pewters""]I would have drank them all if I hadn't fallen asleep LOL