Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Upgrading from BMW Business speakers

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
RogerRamjet

Post by RogerRamjet » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:17 pm

I have a relatively new X5 xDrive40D with a BMW Business loudspeaker system. I find the sound quality very disappointing compared to the Audi A6 Le Mans which I had before and which had Bose speakers with surround sound. BMW really could improve on the quality of speakers they put into their cars, otherwise the spec on the car is fantastic. Could someone give me some advice on how to go about upgrading the speakers and possibly the amp without having to pay a hefty upgrade through a BMW dealership.

Thanks

g60renshaw

Post by g60renshaw » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:10 pm

I found exactly the same going from an A6 with Bose concert to the BMW business in the X53. I am looking to just replace the entire system with some nice focal components, 8" sub and decent multichannel amp.
Not after floor shaking, just quality. Worth it in a car so quiet.

Your best bet is to establish the sizes of the standard stuff and then look at upgrade options. From my experience a decent mid bass driver in each door, tweeters up high and a small sub gives the perfect balance, and you definitely get what you pay for with audio.

Jay

Avtar

Re: Upgrading from BMW Business speakers

Post by Avtar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Be interested to know how you get on with upgrading the standard speakers and what yo go for?
Current Drives:

Alpina D5 BiTurbo
E70 3.0sD SE (Sold)
E46 330 Convertible
Alpina B3 S BiTurbo (SOLD)

History:

E39 528 Sport, 530 Sport
E38 735 Sport
E36 318iS, 320, 325