Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Winter Tyres & Rims

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
Monkeyman

Re: Winter Tyres & Rims

Post by Monkeyman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:19 am

[quote=""MaXX99""]I come from the same staggered setup : 275/40R20 & 315/35R20 and am now running on 4 255/55R19 as recommended by BMW.
It does look a bit odd on the rear where it is a bit empty compared to the 315 ... but otherwise it is a perfect combo ...
I have heard from people putting spacers in place for the looks ... but then again you loose all warranty etc ...[/quote]

Cheers for that.....not too worried about the look as it looks good anyway.........plus I want to be able to get up and down the road without slipping all over the place ....
Previous

E30 325i 2 door
E36 323i Coupe
Volvo T4........God knows why....but damm quick
E60 530d M Sport
E70 3.0sd SE Space Grey

Current

E70 3.0sd M Sport Carbon Black

Zod

Post by Zod » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:19 am

[quote=""Monkeyman""][quote=""MaXX99""]I come from the same staggered setup : 275/40R20 & 315/35R20 and am now running on 4 255/55R19 as recommended by BMW.
It does look a bit odd on the rear where it is a bit empty compared to the 315 ... but otherwise it is a perfect combo ...
I have heard from people putting spacers in place for the looks ... but then again you loose all warranty etc ...[/quote]

Cheers for that.....not too worried about the look as it looks good anyway.........plus I want to be able to get up and down the road without slipping all over the place ....[/quote]
I have the same setup as MaXX99. I now therefore have two sets of wheels and tyres in the garage; one for the M5 and one for the X5. They take up a lot of space. I thought the M5 wheels were big. The X5 wheels are enormous!

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:11 am

[quote=""Zod""]
I have the same setup as MaXX99. I now therefore have two sets of wheels and tyres in the garage; one for the M5 and one for the X5. They take up a lot of space. I thought the M5 wheels were big. The X5 wheels are enormous![/quote]

See if you local BMW Dealer will store them? I know what you mean about the size of the wheels though. I took my X6 Summer set over to my local dealer (7 miles) and they are storing them until it's time to swap back. They'll then store the Winter set. I got my shed back as a result.. :D All four wheels just fitted into the E53, three vertically and one leaning against them to stop them rolling about.

Originally the Dealer told me they weren't part of the BMW Scheme, but after I contacted BMW GB to ask for details of a dealer who was offering the service I was old that my dealer was indeed taking part. No charge either. Parts Dept handle the process. I did bag my wheels up after cleaning and photographing them.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.