Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The Hunt, The Purchase and The Ownership Review .... all in extensive detail !

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Re: The Hunt, The Purchase and The Ownership Review .... all in extensive detail !

Post by 535dboy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

I just bring my humour and good looks
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

Haywoon

Re: The Hunt, The Purchase and The Ownership Review .... all in extensive detail !

Post by Haywoon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm

[quote="535dboy"]
I just bring my humour and good looks
[/quote]

I wasnt blessed with good looks.....or luck......so I have to rely on my ability to be articulate  :'(

Haywoon

Post by Haywoon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:40 pm

[quote="Raj"]
Superb write-up buddy.

Interesting read for sure.

What happened with your crap repair doorcard? I enquired with my parts lady for a pair of rear doorcards for my E53 with the sunblinds built in and she came back with a cost of £1,888.06 each......... :o
[/quote]

Good point - I'll keep it short  8)

Basically they promised to source another from the next X5 which they had in which matched my trim.  Took about 3 weeks but they came good - took it in waited 30 mins and they swapped it over for me.  No doubt some other poor sod has been left with my ropey door card - perhaps they have done a better smart repair this time around!!

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Fantastic write up, brilliant.

Glad you have it all sorted and you're now enjoying your ownership experience. 
Just wish I could afford an E70 too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

MJim

Post by MJim » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 am

[quote="Raj"]
What happened with your crap repair doorcard? I enquired with my parts lady for a pair of rear doorcards for my E53 with the sunblinds built in and she came back with a cost of £1,888.06 each......... :o
[/quote]

That's terrifying. I'd have expected complete doors for that!! But this is BMW...
Current: 40d M Sport, deep sea blue, oyster, 19in
Spare: VW Golf V5

History: TVR Chimera 5.0
First Car: Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9

Pope

Post by Pope » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Great write-up

Thanks for taking the time to impart your experiences.

I'm picking up my new (to me) 09 E70 35d SE on Friday from Dick Lovett, Bristol, so i found your post very relevant.

I feel like a kid waiting for xmas day now..

:pope:
Garage:
BMW X6 40d Pink
Ducati Diavel 1198 Carbon

Haywoon

Post by Haywoon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Good luck with the collection on Friday - your new toy looks great!

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:17 pm

[quote="Haywoon"]
[quote="Raj"]
Superb write-up buddy.

Interesting read for sure.

[/quote]

Good point - I'll keep it short  8)

Basically they promised to source another from the next X5 which they had in which matched my trim.  Took about 3 weeks but they came good - took it in waited 30 mins and they swapped it over for me.  No doubt some other poor sod has been left with my ropey door card - perhaps they have done a better smart repair this time around!!
[/quote]

Tbh, that is quite bad as they have just passed the crap on to someone else. Good for you but crap for some poor sod who pays a premium for that motor.

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:20 pm

[quote="MJim"]
[quote="Raj"]
[/quote]

That's terrifying. I'd have expected complete doors for that!! But this is BMW...
[/quote]

Tell me about it. I was completely gobsmacked by the cost. I actually did have to re-iterate it was only the doorcard I was after....

Pope

Post by Pope » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 am

[quote="Haywoon"]
Good luck with the collection on Friday - your new toy looks great!
[/quote]

Thanx bud

I'll also post a review when I've done a few miles, though I doubt it'll be as verbose as yours though.

I'm trading up from an 05 X3 2.0d, so I'm looking forward to the extra power, but not the extra running costs.
:pope:
Garage:
BMW X6 40d Pink
Ducati Diavel 1198 Carbon

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Almost £2k..........for a door card :o :o

Holy sh!t.  That's 1/4 of pvr's whole Fiat 500.... :'(
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:40 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
Almost £2k..........for a door card :o :o

Holy sh!t.  That's 1/4 of pvr's whole Fiat 500.... :'(
[/quote]

Yes but it is also his day rate so not a problem to some one of his means!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

reading1800

Post by reading1800 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Nice write up, thanks.

X5_twin

Post by X5_twin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:05 pm

A good article. Long ..... but interesting to read your experience !

Isn't it sad that when you have worked hard and you go to buy yourself a nice car that you have to go through all the grief when dealing with a main dealer. It should be stress free and an enjoyable experience. Certainly not a battle.

Everybody hates dealing with them, the service is often appalling yet they continue to make money and stay in business despite their arrogance. I'm getting more and more fed-up of BMW's attitude and terrible level of service. My next car will not be bought through a BMW main dealer if I can help it. I certainly wont be going back to BMW service in Battersea ever again. Total w**kers all of them !!  :))

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Although I agree that some BMW Dealers are cr@p, it really seems to be an industry wide problem.  And all the time the manufacturers 'in country' reps - BMW GB in this case - show the disinterest and Teflon shoulders approach to so many customer reports then nothing will change.

Customer care in the UK is still very poor and with the industry under 'self regulation' nothing will change.  If you find a good dealer then hang onto the relationship, otherwise walk as there are always others.

My local Dealership only improved after two changes of Principal.  They still have room for improvement, but are much better than 5 years ago.

I think it now pays to know about the cars from your own research, and forums such as this, so that you are prepared for clueless sales people and partially competent technicians fronted by useless Service Dept drones.

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.