Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Collecting soon - what to check?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
X5muffin

Post by X5muffin » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:34 pm

The wait is almost over and I am picking up my x5 at the weekend.

Apart from a thorough look around, is there anything else I should check for? I am thinking about things like missing tool kits, triangles and such like. Do they still give you a torch on the glove box?

Thanks

X5muffin

flyfs6

Re: Collecting soon - what to check?

Post by flyfs6 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Congratulations...

I believe the glove box torch was removed 2009 onwards. If your car has 6FL USB connection in the armrest then have the dealer throw in a Y cable for the ipod (this doesn't apply if your car is the latest production).

Check for any damage to paintwork from bird lime and water spots, particularly the trims. Also the condition of your wheels and hubs. Double check your service book is included in the handover pack and has had pdi stamp.

Minda

Post by Minda » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Congratulations! just take your time and enjoy the day, what did you go for? look forward to the pic's :thumbsup:
Current 2010 BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL 2014 BMW 435d Cab 2016 Mercedes Vito 119 Sport LWB

X5muffin

Post by X5muffin » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks. I would have overlooked the iPod cable! It is the latest production so should not be the Y cable but will make sure that there is something there.

I went for the 40d with the dynamic pack, media pack, running boards (prevented me from getting the m sport version) 3rd row seats, 214 alloys, top view, speaker upgrade, sun protection glass, Aux defroster thing ( which will earn it's keep next week!)

It's black sapphire so won't look so good covered in salt as soon as it leaves the forecourt, but I'll post pics when it's nice and clean!

X5muffin

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:04 am

Man you must be getting exited with that early christmass prezzie...good luck :thumbsup:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

X5muffin

Post by X5muffin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:12 am

Too excited to sleep :-)

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:16 am

Don't blame you mate.

Are there any snowflakes you can count to help?
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:23 am

Sounds good. I got my E71 40d two weeks ago :D

You will not get an Apple iPod/iPhone cable as the system now uses your original Apple supplied cable.

If you're having the OEM paint sealing system applied to paint and wheels, make sure they stamp the booklet that you need to send to Metalmate. The Dealer has never asked me to sign that I accept the terms of the BMW Warranty.............

I had the towbar fitted and you should get an adapter to use the 7-pin electrics rather than the Euro 14-pin. Mine is missing but the dealer is getting one - I already have one for the E53 which fits.

The other thing to look for is paint defects. I had a scratch on a door and paint defects on both 'D' pillars. My dealer has a 'delivery room' with bright lights but I still missed them. My wife being only 5' 2" had a different viewing angle and found all of the errors. All sorted now.

You will also want to set up the BMW Assist system earlier than delivery, otherwise you may have to wait up to 72 hours to be able to use all the toys in the Pro Nav System. Details here:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/connecteddri ... iteID=1312
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

bayrak

Post by bayrak » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:33 am

Hi, Consider having a tracker fitted, it will help reduce insurance. Shop around or better still if you know someone in the trade get them to sort you out a better deal/price.

Enjoy the toy, sounds nice.

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Turks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:33 am

My dealers told me that they supply with every new car a 'Care Pack' which includes things like 1ltr Oil, Screen Wash etc... not sure if that is the same with all dealers or if it is just dealer discretion?

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black