Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Active Headrests

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
NewX5

Active Headrests

Post by NewX5 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi guys just wondering what solutions everyone has gone with regarding Multimedia in rear for the E70, spoken with a few dealers and none of them want to mess with the headrests. Unfortunately this leaves very little options for a permanent rear system just trying to see what options you have all gone with. We are currently using nextbase setup which is perfect other than you have to pack away which we have not done since last using on Saturday. Every time I leave the vehicle I always hope that I don’t end up going back to a broken window.

After typing this I will be removing tonight just need to get my lazy arse into gear.
X5 Xdrive 30d MSport
Carbon Black
Oyster Interior
Media Package
Third Row Seating

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Active Headrests

Post by X5Sport » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 pm

For some reason BMW no longer offer a headrestraint mounted video system. I suspect it may be down to the requirement of explosives in these active restraints now being fitted. BMW's cheaper system is just a rebadged nextbase 7" system, or their (much) more expensive system which mounts into the seatbacks and (in my opinion) looks poor at best. It doesn't look like a grand's worth to me!

There does not seem to be a great deal of options out there. I had a look while I was waiting for my X6 and came to the conclusion that it was worth waiting to see what Nextbase's new larger screen options would be, or what BMW would be bringing along with their promised ipad + WiFi system in 2011.

Like you I find cabled systems less than elegant but at present I can't see much choice.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.